March 29, 2024, 02:12:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Having trouble importing user banks from V3 to V4  (Read 1690 times)

eivind

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://home.no.net/eifi
Having trouble importing user banks from V3 to V4
« on: May 13, 2022, 11:59:46 pm »
... Is that even possible?? I think I noticed they were different formats??

glad for any help

Cheers
Eivind
computermuso since intel8088

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
Re: Having trouble importing user banks from V3 to V4
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 02:35:15 am »
My understanding is that, because CS-80 V4 has a completely rebuilt synthesizer architecture, lots of things aren't going to translate.

Another issue is that it seems Arturia has discontinued Multi Mode in CS-80 V4! Even if there were V3 to V4 compatibility, none of the patches that use Multi Mode would even work. It's incredibly disappointing. Multi Mode was one of my favorite reasons for using the CS-80.

teilo

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 03:38:18 pm »
... Is that even possible?? I think I noticed they were different formats??

glad for any help

Cheers
Eivind

Not really possible. The controls don't even correspond to one another one-to-one. And even if you adjust to the new parameter ranges, the resulting patches sound nothing alike.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 04:06:28 pm »
This has been covered in other threads (which tbf may be younger that yours considering this thread is 10 days old) but the answer is no. The rebuild makes them completely incompatible with each other.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Lowkus

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 05:45:44 pm »
If Arturia is not converting presets from v3 to v4 then will they at least continue working on v3 to get rid of the (Midi Sync) clicking bug that shows up in so many presets, such as "Amb Works"?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 05:58:25 pm by Lowkus »

MCMorrise

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2022, 12:13:17 am »
If Arturia is not converting presets from v3 to v4 then will they at least continue working on v3 to get rid of the (Midi Sync) clicking bug that shows up in so many presets, such as "Amb Works"?

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons they went ahead with V4 was to quietly put that issue to bed. It's unconscionable that they've allowed the MIDI sync bug to still exist after how many people have complained.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines