April 19, 2024, 02:31:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod Matrix? Multi?  (Read 1174 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Mod Matrix? Multi?
« on: May 12, 2022, 10:44:12 pm »
The previous mod matrix had 10 mod sources running to 10 mod slots.
This new one has a single modulation which can combine two sources and send to only three destinations. WTAF
The additions of "Functions" is cool and all, sure. But at the cost of the EXTENSIVE mod matrix of the previous versions? No. Very poor decision. (The "Keyboard" section is all stuff that could already be assigned in the mod matrix. And is now also lacking the ribbon controller.)

And replacing the extensive and hugely configurable Multi with this "Dispersion" thing? Not even CLOSE to equivalent functionality. Why? Who thought that was a good idea? <sigh>
This space left intentionally blank.

francoise

Re: Mod Matrix? Multi?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2022, 03:44:40 pm »
> The additions of "Functions" is cool and all, sure.

It's much more than "cool", it's very powerful, easy to use and transparent.
It remains to be seen if Multimode can't be done with Modulations (Functions and Modulation mixer) and Keyboard.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Mod Matrix? Multi?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:17:46 pm »
While you argue about mod matrices I'll just happily sit here playing my V4 which for the first time actually sounds like a bloody CS80.
The previous versions may have been able to plait porridge but they didn't sound authentic.
I'll take an authentic-sounding CS80 emulation over something that sounded nothing like it and which had an extra shitload of bells and whistles that moved its sound even further away from the device it was supposed to be emulating.

You are of course very entitled to have a different opinion.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines