March 28, 2024, 06:16:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Follow-Up to Left Channel Cutout - Solved via Update?  (Read 1008 times)

rbashley

• Apprentice
Follow-Up to Left Channel Cutout - Solved via Update?
« on: May 12, 2022, 04:30:14 pm »
Just finished a 90 practice session with Piano V2 on my KeyLab61 mkii controller. The random cut outs of the left audio channel has been plaguing me without resolution for a while now. @LBH and @MajorFubar have been helpful with investigative comments and guidance.

But today, this annoying issue of speaker cutout did not occur a single time!

Yesterday I updated several software things via Arturia's Software Centre (ASC) and Piano V2 was among the updates. 

This updating procedure is the only trigger or differing factor I can think of occurring in the past day or so.  I've changed nothing on my end.  I don't know if this problem-free situation will last or not, or whether something was done with the update that purposely or inadvertently fixed it...or what?

Anyhoo, a happy Piano V2 camper again!  Fingers crossed it lasts. 

rbashley

• Apprentice
Re: Follow-Up to Left Channel Cutout - Solved via Update?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:46:02 pm »
The issue of random left channel drop out came back.  So I had an hour or more with no speaker cutout. Today Piano V2 stumbled in the first five minutes or so with 2 or 3 speaker cutouts, all restored with either switching to a new preset or changing the mic positions.  And then it lasted without issue for another hour or so.

Weird.

I see that the Piano V2 forum is in the legacy section and there's a new forum, Piano V3. but no posts yet.  What's happening?

rbashley

• Apprentice
Re: Follow-Up to Left Channel Cutout - Solved via Update?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 04:32:09 pm »
I might have success with the left channel randomly cutting out with using Piano V2 in standalone mode.  I've just finished a 2.5 hr session without a single instance of speaker dropout.

I did one thing different today. And only one thing.

On the KeyLab61 mkII, There are three mode choices 1) ANALOG; 2) DAW and; 3) USER.   I had been using the ANALOG mode all along assuming this was best for Piano V2. Today I switched it to DAW.  At least for the almost 3 hours or so, not to experience a single speaker dropout is definitely not the persisting norm. In fact I tried to force a left channel dropout by going berserk with mic positions and switching through dozens of presets....and I failed to make it happen.

In the photo you can see the three main modes which the round dial above can select. ANALOG is lit up because it's an older photo.

Wondering if this would shore up @MajorFubar's proposal that the problem is a software bug.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines