April 16, 2024, 11:55:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Congratulations, Arturia  (Read 1086 times)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Congratulations, Arturia
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:22:25 pm »
As one of the most vocal critics of the authenticity of CS80 V1-V3 I thought it only fair that I offered my congratulations on V4.
It's disappointing that I've not yet found a way to get my V3 presets to work, but considering the instrument has been completely rebuilt, I expect they wouldn't sound the same anyway.

Until now the most accurate-sounding virtual CS80 was the Memory Moon ME80, even though the interface was a bit primitive compared to the Arturia version. Disappointingly, Memory Moon opted to no longer support the Mac version, more or less coinciding with the Apple transition to their own microprocessors in 2020. That scared me a bit considering the Arturia emulation was so poor in comparison.

Very pleased that V4 has closed the gap and now sounds very authentic, especially the ring modulator, the panel presets, and the filters, which to put it mildly, were pretty awful and non-authentic.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

francoise

Re: Congratulations, Arturia
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 10:44:57 pm »
I also tried to rebuild a patch I made with V3 mimicking the V3 settings and failed miserably.
If MajorFubar didn't succeed, I'll stop trying. I kept V3 anyway.
V4 sounds deeper.

The Tone Selector is now explicit (Str, Ep, etc.); it used to be simply numbered. Important when you modify a preset.
The Modulations offer so many new possibilities. I wonder if you can achieve what Multimode did.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 03:30:48 pm by francoise »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines