March 29, 2024, 06:42:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating turned it to OP-Xa, now projects can't find OB-Xa because it's renamed  (Read 2665 times)

andytronic

• Apprentice

The name change ruins any past projects using the old VST, because it's looking for OB-Xa but it's not there anymore.  Any sound settings, automation links, in previous projects that used OB-Xa won't work now.  I tried making a copy of the new VST folder and renaming it OB-Xa, but that didn't work.

Chief

• Apprentice
Same here!

And Ableton Live 11.1.1 crashes if i drag and drop a VST3 of the OB-Xa or the new OP-Xa into a session,
Ableton crashes as well if i load a session with a VST3 version of the plugin, so i canīt exchange the plungin with something similar.

The VST2 OP-Xa works but wonīt load in an old project as a OB-Xa... and the OB-Xa is no longer compatible with Ableton Live.

Reinstalled the OP-Xa and cleaned the prefs. without success.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:46:31 pm by Chief »

mindcross

I'm having this same problem. Using Studio One 5 (although I imagine every DAW will be affected similarly). Have you contacted Arturia support? I submitted a request but haven't heard back yet - if I get a useful response I'll post here.

Chief

• Apprentice
I noticed that with the update to the new OP-Xa V, the resources folder in c:\ProgramData\Arturia\ (on windows ) /Library/Arturia/ (on MacOS) was also renamed to OP-Xa V.
So the old VST2/3 canīt access/find the included data and VST2 reported "not compatible" and the VST3 crashed.

I restored the OB-Xa V folder from my backup and both VST2īs OB-Xa V and OP-Xa V are working now,
the VST3 OB-Xa V are working again but if i drag and drop the new OP-Xa V VST3 to a session a OB-Xa V opened insead of the OP-Xa V.

For now I am fine with that because i can finaly open my old projects!

If you use the standalone version of the synth you have to restore the "C:\Program Files\Arturia\OB-Xa V" (windows/ on MacOS should be only one folder, see above) folder as well.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:39:23 pm by Chief »

Chief

• Apprentice
They did it again with the Delay Memory-Brigade...
renamed to Delay Brigade and removed the c:\ProgramData\Arturia\ (on windows ) /Library/Arturia/ (on MacOS) folder for the VST.

A simple restore of the Memory-Brigade folder will do the trick.

One of Arturia is reading along here?

Chief

• Apprentice
They did it again!

After the Update to 1.4.1 the folder OB-Xa V was gone again... and loading a Project with a OB-Xa V crashes Ableton Live again.

Bon travail :)

(I bet it will be the same with the next brigade update)

LBH

They did it again!

After the Update to 1.4.1 the folder OB-Xa V was gone again... and loading a Project with a OB-Xa V crashes Ableton Live again.

Bon travail :)

(I bet it will be the same with the next brigade update)

The application has changed name to OP, so i'm not sure what you mean they changed it again.

I think Arturia have been forbidden to call it OB.

Chief

• Apprentice
With the update to 1.4.0 there was the name change and the renaming of the folder from OB to OP.
I restored the OB folder and keep the OP folder as well, so i can use the OB-Xa with my old Projects.

With the update to 1.4.1 they removed the OB-Xa folder despite the fact that the OP folder exists...why?

That they has to rename the plugin is ok, but without any warning that this will (maybe) broke some Projects.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines