June 30, 2022, 05:25:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating turned it to OP-Xa, now projects can't find OB-Xa because it's renamed  (Read 331 times)

andytronic

• Apprentice

The name change ruins any past projects using the old VST, because it's looking for OB-Xa but it's not there anymore.  Any sound settings, automation links, in previous projects that used OB-Xa won't work now.  I tried making a copy of the new VST folder and renaming it OB-Xa, but that didn't work.

Chief

• Apprentice
Same here!

And Ableton Live 11.1.1 crashes if i drag and drop a VST3 of the OB-Xa or the new OP-Xa into a session,
Ableton crashes as well if i load a session with a VST3 version of the plugin, so i canīt exchange the plungin with something similar.

The VST2 OP-Xa works but wonīt load in an old project as a OB-Xa... and the OB-Xa is no longer compatible with Ableton Live.

Reinstalled the OP-Xa and cleaned the prefs. without success.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 01:46:31 pm by Chief »

mindcross

I'm having this same problem. Using Studio One 5 (although I imagine every DAW will be affected similarly). Have you contacted Arturia support? I submitted a request but haven't heard back yet - if I get a useful response I'll post here.

Chief

• Apprentice
I noticed that with the update to the new OP-Xa V, the resources folder in c:\ProgramData\Arturia\ (on windows ) /Library/Arturia/ (on MacOS) was also renamed to OP-Xa V.
So the old VST2/3 canīt access/find the included data and VST2 reported "not compatible" and the VST3 crashed.

I restored the OB-Xa V folder from my backup and both VST2īs OB-Xa V and OP-Xa V are working now,
the VST3 OB-Xa V are working again but if i drag and drop the new OP-Xa V VST3 to a session a OB-Xa V opened insead of the OP-Xa V.

For now I am fine with that because i can finaly open my old projects!

If you use the standalone version of the synth you have to restore the "C:\Program Files\Arturia\OB-Xa V" (windows/ on MacOS should be only one folder, see above) folder as well.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:39:23 pm by Chief »

Chief

• Apprentice
They did it again with the Delay Memory-Brigade...
renamed to Delay Brigade and removed the c:\ProgramData\Arturia\ (on windows ) /Library/Arturia/ (on MacOS) folder for the VST.

A simple restore of the Memory-Brigade folder will do the trick.

One of Arturia is reading along here?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines