March 28, 2024, 11:00:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ARTURIA V COLLECTION 9 UPGRADE - Augmented STRINGS missing presets - solved !  (Read 2225 times)

Christian61

• Apprentice
Hi,
after upgrading to ARTURIA V COLLECTION 9 (from V8) I can not see the full list of 300+ presets in the Augmented STRINGS library.

I had previous the "Augmented STRINGS Intro" installed which had 15 presets. Somehow I still see only those 15 presets and not the full list of the 'full' version of Augmented STRINGS, which is part of collection 9...

Uninstall & reinstall did not fix it, it looks that the presets are all here: /Library/Arturia/Presets/Augmented STRINGS/Factory (300+ files), but somehow not showing up in the standalone or Analog V Lab library app/vst.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Thx
Christian

EDIT:

I found my problem, somehow the preset database/index needed to be rebuild...

to do that just delete (or rename) the db.db3 file in the preset folder. Make a backup of the file first, just in case.
The file is located here OSX: /Library/Arturia/Presets
and then start Analog Lab V to rebuild the database/index...

EDIT END

« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 04:48:29 pm by Christian61 »
Gear: 2020 iMac 27" • 2021 MBP 16" M1Max • Apogee Quartet • Mackie controller • Push2 • Virus TI • NI Complete • ARTURIA V9 • Omnisphere / Trillian / RMX • Slate plugins • Korg • Ableton 11 • Fender Jazz Bass/Strat/Tele • Gibson Les Paul • Kemper profiler

mauvehead

• Apprentice
Re: ARTURIA V COLLECTION 9 UPGRADE - Augmented STRINGS missing presets
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 04:57:12 pm »
I ran into a similar issue after I updated all of the instruments to their newest versions (right before I bought the V9 upgrade). It was across all instruments, including Piano V2, Analog Lab, etc. Oddly all of the presets for the entire collection of instruments started to gradually reappear over the course of a couple hours. From what I can tell, the issue started when with that last update in the ASC app. Things are fine now but it gave me pause when there were no presets (including my saved user presets and favorites).

This is pure conjecture here so take it with a grain of salt, but am I correct in suspecting that the new preset lists (list packets?) are now downloaded and installed remotely from Arturia's servers (which are frustratingly slow and congested) in the background after the instruments are installed, versus having the presets installed as part of their initial installation process in ASC? That would certainly explain the odd lag in the presets appearing in the instruments.  Scratch that. Thanks for the update on the database/index rebuild. Weirdly enough the problem did fix itself after a couple hours, but still this problem should have never happened in the first place.  ???

Per their slow servers, it was all I could do to get V9 purchased and installed yesterday. Took 2 hours of attempts (while I worked on other things) to finally get past the "504 Gateway Error" screens. This happens frequently with Arturia. Wow.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 05:00:17 pm by mauvehead »

wardrose

Re: ARTURIA V COLLECTION 9 UPGRADE - Augmented STRINGS missing presets
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 11:41:15 am »
I ran into a similar issue after I updated all of the instruments to their newest versions (right before I bought the V9 upgrade). It was across all instruments, including Piano V2, Analog Lab, etc. Oddly all of the presets for the entire collection of instruments started to gradually reappear over the course of a couple hours. From what I can tell, the issue started when with that last update in the ASC app. Things are fine now but it gave me pause when there were no presets (including my saved user presets and favorites).

This is pure conjecture here so take it with a grain of salt, but am I correct in suspecting that the new preset lists (list packets?) are now downloaded and installed remotely from Arturia's servers (which are frustratingly slow and congested) in the background after the instruments are installed, versus having the presets installed as part of their initial installation process in ASC? That would certainly explain the odd lag in the presets appearing in the instruments.  Scratch that. Thanks for the update on the database/index rebuild. Weirdly enough the problem did fix itself after a couple hours, but still this problem should have never happened in the first place. cookie clicker  ???

Per their slow servers, it was all I could do to get V9 purchased and installed yesterday. Took 2 hours of attempts (while I worked on other things) to finally get past the "504 Gateway Error" screens. This happens frequently with Arturia. Wow.
My computer has also regularly encountered 504 errors since I upgraded. There is still no solution for this error, it is definitely not a closing error.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines