April 20, 2024, 06:13:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Compatibility With Pre-v9 Instruments?  (Read 1065 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Analog Lab Compatibility With Pre-v9 Instruments?
« on: May 10, 2022, 07:34:50 pm »
After the "old" version of the Jupiter V got cut out from Analog Lab, I am now concerned that this trend is going to continue and any synth that gets a "new engine" will subsequently be cut out of Analog Lab.
Is this the case?
If so, I URGE you to reconsider. It is downright rude and there's no good reason for it; except perhaps trying to "strongarm" long loyal customers into upgrading. It's like you're saying, "Too bad, so sad for you. Oh well. How about this nice $200usd upgrade "deal."" -- Which is, in fact, a worse deal than new customers get.

"But you can have older Analog Lab installed along with new one(s)." Isn't a solution, it's a workaround. And can take up quite a bit of disk space.

And I suppose presets can't be transferred either, right?  :-[
This space left intentionally blank.

marie_arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: Analog Lab Compatibility With Pre-v9 Instruments?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 09:54:39 am »
The legacy plugins engines are still present in Analog Lab V, if you own the legacy plugin, activate its license and have it installed you will see a "Show Legacy" option in Analog Lab V main menu. If you tick it the presets will appear. All VCollection legacy plugins can be opened that way in Analog Lab V.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines