April 19, 2024, 05:23:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keystep Pro product support  (Read 913 times)

uronsama

• Apprentice
Keystep Pro product support
« on: May 05, 2022, 01:45:45 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this community, just got the Keystep pro and learning how to use it, it's a fun and very impressive tool, the kind of tool that makes you forget it's already 11 pm  ;D. I have been reading the forum a bit and I wanted to ask if this product is still supported by Arturia, because looking at the threads and comments it seems that the last update was last year. I just want to know If I've bought an unsupported product.
So far,  in my personal experience I had no problem using it via midi or usb with my MC 707 / PC / MPC ONE.

F.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Keystep Pro product support
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 02:13:39 pm »
Welcome.

It is definitely not yet an obsolete product. just because there have been no tweaks to the firmware for a year doesn't mean it's been abandoned.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 02:33:22 pm »
If you are going to use the CV features you should be careful. The implementation has some serious issues, like tracks becoming corrupted in the middle of a performance (forcing you to restart the unit). You cannot play live with this.

And the lack of firmware updates is a real problem. It feels like this product is not getting the attention it needs.

uronsama

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 07:53:57 pm »
I haven't used cv with the keystep pro ( I don't own a modular tho, or something that receives cv). Only midi so far.
I've read that many people say you should do a hard reset after updating, does this improves the behavior of the Keystep pro?

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 09:02:45 pm »
It's recommended, but it does not fix the existing bugs.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines