March 28, 2024, 07:23:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Transpose by semitones is not available! How is this possible????  (Read 2671 times)

nemydom

• Apprentice
I just purchased this keyboard to use with a hardware synth without using a computer. There is no transpose option on the synth (Nord Lead 2x)

The PURPOSE  I got this keyboard is to be able to transpose what I am playing by semitones! And I am totally shocked by the fact that transpose is not available on KeyStep37!

There is a clear indication on the front panel "TRANSPOSE", but this is not actually  "TRANSPOSE", it's something applicable to their sequencer, which I was not even going to use! I just need a PROPER keyboard, with the basic function. The "transpose" is one of the basic functions!

Arturia, could you please fix it ASAP and confirm that you are going to fix this. Otherwise, I only have one option to return it. Very disappointed.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Welcome.

This is a users' forum. Arturia staff do lurk here but rarely post.
Did you bother to read the manual to check the product did what you expected it to do, before purchase?
No?
So why is that Arturia's fault?

KS37 is one heck of an overspec'd purchase if all you need is an external midi controller with a transpose button, you probably could have got one for a fraction of the cost. Also if it's such a basic function, why doesn't your Nord already have it? Have you yet had a moan at Nord or are we the only ones to feel the weight of your wrath?

Product works exactly to spec, but not how you expect it to work. So it doesn't require any 'fix' you feel you have a right to demand.

Return it, and consider your lesson learned to check specifications properly. This is 2022 where you can download the manual for nearly every product by every manufacturer before purchase so you don't make costly mistakes, not 1976 where it was kind of a bit of a guess.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

nemydom

• Apprentice
Welcome.

This is a users' forum. Arturia staff do lurk here but rarely post.
Did you bother to read the manual to check the product did what you expected it to do, before purchase?
No?
So why is that Arturia's fault?

KS37 is one heck of an overspec'd purchase if all you need is an external midi controller with a transpose button, you probably could have got one for a fraction of the cost. Also if it's such a basic function, why doesn't your Nord already have it? Have you yet had a moan at Nord or are we the only ones to feel the weight of your wrath?

Product works exactly to spec, but not how you expect it to work. So it doesn't require any 'fix' you feel you have a right to demand.

Return it, and consider your lesson learned to check specifications properly. This is 2022 where you can download the manual for nearly every product by every manufacturer before purchase so you don't make costly mistakes, not 1976 where it was kind of a bit of a guess.
Thank you for your (rude) response

I still decided to respond to it, as some may have doubts about the validity of my concerns.

Why I didn't check the manual before buying? I actually did. The "transpose" is such a basic function, that I didn't have a question if it's really available: there is a "transpose" button on the front panel, what else do I need to check?

Why I didn't buy a cheaper model, but with "only" transpose function?  Because I wanted a quality mini-keybed for my studio. I have top-shelf synths, and I only buy high-quality equipment.

Why I didn't blame Nord for the lack of transpose function? I did. But 2x is an older model. It has a very specific sound, so I need it. I own 5 Nord synths, so I know what I am talking about. All later Nord models do have a "transpose" function.

So, I am actually ready to escalate this issue, with the following statement:
Having a "transpose" button on the front panel and not having this function in fact is Misleading Advertising!

I honestly believe that this kind of cases should be taken by the community very seriously. And trust me, I don't care about the money I spent for this piece - it's nothing in comparison with the equipment I own. I care about this unfair situation!  I have seen a few posts regarding this issue, and nothing has been done! Ridiculous!

The requests like that should be addressed straight away because it's a valid concern.

I will not be returning it, because it is a quality product, and there is no alternative aorund. I couldn't find a minikey controller, with satisfactory quality, other than this. At the same time, being a quality product, it must have basic functions. I will be chasing Arturia to fix the issue, by writing on different social networks about that. I honestly hope this will be fixed soon. It's a matter of fairness.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
My response wasn't rude, you're butt-hurt because you don't like the truth.

Ok so you did read the manual, but didn't read it properly. Page 12 of the manual clearly states the different functions of the buttons.

To be honest, you're not the first to come on here complaining the transpose function doesn't transpose live playing. My usual response = sorry it doesn't do that. I can see why you thought it might, but it' doesn't. Maybe if you ask nicely they'll add it as a feature in future.

But you are the first person to come on here with such a cocky attitude complaining you have been mis-sold and mis-led blah blah blah. That's what prompted my response. Ask nicely and you just might get. Be a cocky little **** and they'll completely ignore you.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Oh and while we're at it...

Arturia, could you please fix it ASAP and confirm that you are going to fix this. Otherwise, I only have one option to return it. Very disappointed.

I will not be returning it

...make your mind up.

nemydom

• Apprentice
Oh and while we're at it...

I will not be returning it

...make your mind up.

I have the right to change my mind ;)

nemydom

• Apprentice

But you are the first person to come on here with such a cocky attitude complaining you have been mis-sold and mis-led blah blah blah. That's what prompted my response. Ask nicely and you just might get.

There were a few people asking about it nicely before me, and nothing has been done.... that's why my attitude is valid.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:32:28 pm by nemydom »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
There were a few people asking about it nicely before me, and nothing has been done.... that's why my attitude is valid.
If making passive-aggressive posts usually works for you, you're going to be in for a disappointment round here.

Though I'm glad you've decided to keep it. Having got over the shock that the Transpose function only works for the sequencer, just like it says in the manual, you'll find this well-built versatile controller has a lot to offer. I have the original KeyStep (with 32 notes), which like you I only bought for one specific purpose: the keybed has aftertouch, bizarrely unlike the Minilab's almost-identical keyboard. I've eyed-up the KS37 quite a lot but going through the rigmarole of buying it and selling my KS32 for the benefit of an extra 5 keys...meh probably not worth it.

nemydom

• Apprentice
If making passive-aggressive posts usually works for you, you're going to be in for a disappointment round here.

Though I'm glad you've decided to keep it. Having got over the shock that the Transpose function only works for the sequencer, just like it says in the manual, you'll find this well-built versatile controller has a lot to offer. I have the original KeyStep (with 32 notes), which like you I only bought for one specific purpose: the keybed has aftertouch, bizarrely unlike the Minilab's almost-identical keyboard. I've eyed-up the KS37 quite a lot but going through the rigmarole of buying it and selling my KS32 for the benefit of an extra 5 keys...meh probably not worth it.

If my post was looking "aggressive" - it's not what I was going to express, please accept my apologies.  It's probably happened because of deep disappointment with the situation. The only thing I wanted to express,  is that it's not something like "nice to have". It is a "must-have" feature, so by ignoring it Arturia ignores its customers.

E.g. when we ask Yamaha to add a VA engine to their Montage, is of cause asking for a "favour". Asking Arturia to add "transpose", is actually asking to fulfill our consumer rights, providing "transpose" is written on the panel ... That's the reason to raise the tone a bit, providing I am not the first person asking for that.

I am really sorry, but I have already spent too much time on this. I believe everything is super clear here. I hope Arturia will be able to fix it, if not  - they only make it worse for themselves. I am too old to spend more time on this issue.
Thanks for your support.

nemydom

• Apprentice
If you want this feature added, please log your request here: https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp
I just got a response from Arturia that they can fix it: we just need as many requests as possible, to speed it up!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Transpose by semitones is not available! How is this possible????
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 10:58:11 am »
If you want this feature added, please log your request here: https://www.arturia.com/support/askforhelp
I just got a response from Arturia that they can fix it: we just need as many requests as possible, to speed it up!
Done.  :)

nemydom

• Apprentice
Re: Transpose by semitones is not available! How is this possible????
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2022, 12:31:29 pm »
Thanks  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines