April 16, 2024, 05:54:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: External Audio Input question  (Read 1340 times)

djerzinski

• Apprentice
External Audio Input question
« on: March 11, 2022, 10:20:04 am »
I've been demoing Monark a little and I've noticed the feedback feature sounded very different compared to Arturia version's.
I used to set the EAI switch on "Out" so it feedbacks on itself, but always got this muddy/noisy sound I don't have any use for  (after turning the knob just 25%).
NI version's on the other hand gives me this nice brassy sound. I was able to get close to it by using the sidechain in ableton and setting the EAI switch on "On" this time, but I doubt this is the way intended.

On a side note, why does Monark sound so much brighter?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 10:55:43 am by djerzinski »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: External Audio Input question
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 01:49:18 pm »
I hear you.  IMO Arturia need to completely re-write the Mini V, Modular V, ARP2600 V, CS80V, Prophet V and literally all their electric and acoustic pianos. They do not sound as authentic to their origins as current Arturia modelling technology allows. When you hear how close Arturia can get to the original sound with their most recent models of synths like the Jun-6V, DX7 V, CZ V and OB-XA V, you realise just how far behind the older ones are.

The synth I most want them to redesign is the CS80 V. It just does not sound like a CS80. Especially the ring mod section. For years I was using a competitor's product, but they have opted not to support the Apple Silicon architecture so I will shortly be left with only the Arturia version, which saddens me to say, is a shadow of the other one.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:50:40 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines