March 28, 2024, 10:12:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse 8Pre will not power on unless power removed  (Read 1202 times)

JoshP

• Apprentice
AudioFuse 8Pre will not power on unless power removed
« on: May 03, 2022, 03:28:19 am »
I've developed an issue where my 8Pre will not power up unless I remove the wall wart from the power strip and then plug it in. The device then powers on immediately without touching the power button.  It will power off again normally but will not power back on.  I'm at firmware 1.0.4 and I did manage a factory reset by holding the mono button and removing power from wall as described.

Anybody else have this issue before?  I've contacted support but they have not responded in the last 36 hours. I need to get this fixed ASAP and am concerned about how I will find a replacement while it is being fixed. I'm hoping Arturia will be good to me and provide some options.

amonti

• Apprentice
Re: AudioFuse 8Pre will not power on unless power removed
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 11:25:32 pm »
Hi Josh,

I had a similar issue with a Rane SL2 interface; I could only power it up by plugging in the adapter to wall power. It turns out that the capacitors in the wall wart (a switching-type power supply) had leaked over time and were now "marginal", but seemed to receive enough of a 'boost' when initially plugged in to overcome the unit's initial current draw. I tried another adapter and the device worked perfectly; the wall wart was fine after replacing the capacitors (with higher-temp spec ones).

All of that to say: have you tried another compatible 15V 2A positive tip adapter?

Hope that's the issue; 'momentary' power switches (as opposed to physical ones) have their share of idiosyncrasies - if it's not a firmware or wall wart issue, it may be a more complex problem.

Good luck!
Andrew 

JoshP

• Apprentice
Re: AudioFuse 8Pre will not power on unless power removed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 11:56:09 pm »
This is a very good tip. Thank you. I will try and locate a suitable adapter to try.

I'm still waiting for Arturia support to get back to me. I contacted them over two days ago and sent a reminder email but haven't heard a word. In addition I sent an email to their US Service address in case I need to request an RMA number.  Complete silence. I'm getting a little concerned about Arturia support and whether they have the capability to help their customers in this type of situation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines