April 19, 2024, 11:16:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analogue Lab with Studio One mapping issue  (Read 1406 times)

James_Lafayette

• Apprentice
Analogue Lab with Studio One mapping issue
« on: May 02, 2022, 09:07:45 pm »
Hi All,

I'm having problems mapping the four macro controls (brightness, timbre, time movement) to a hardware controller in Studio One. The mapping appears to work, as I can see the knobs move inside Analogue Lab, but the sound in not affected by the parameter change. If I move the knobs in Analogue Lab using my mouse, it works correctly.

I had similar issues on a Mac installation, which I resolved by manually deleting all the plugin details using Finder and re-installing. I've tried doing the same on the PC, but it does not resolve the issue. Other instruments in The Collection work fine. I think Analogue Lab is the only instrument to be updated since installation, so maybe the issue has been caused by the update?

Can anybody help with this?

LBH

Re: Analogue Lab with Studio One mapping issue
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2022, 01:22:34 am »
Hi,

I'm on Windows 10, Studio One 3. Novation SL MK2 controller as generic controller.

When i use ALVs own midi CC config, then it works.

But when i use Studio Ones Control Link it's quite complicated. It's a Studio One system.
I assume you use Control Link.

I can't get anything to work, when i assign the parameters directly on the ALV GUI using the Control Link assigment arrow to link a hardware control assigned for Control Link with a ALV knob i activate with my mouse. I can create the link, but it does'nt work.
The strange thing is, that if i click on a MACRO knob in the sidepanel, then it work. But the problem is, that when it's single presets (and if it work what it not allways do), then the parameter you control is a P1 parameter. When you are in a Multi then you get the combined (ALV) macro parameter that work for both parts.

I can also assign a Control Link assigned hardware control to Studio Ones Control Link own Macro controls and then in some cases get something to work.
I can ie assing the part 1 and 2 automation parameters to a Control Link macro and then it will work. That could be P1 Brightness and P2 Brightness. But i can't assign the parameter Brigtness that should work for both parts to work, when i use a single ALV preset. In a multi preset i can.

To get Control Link to work as i think it should, then also the single presets macros should be controlled by the combined ALV macro parameter and not the P1.

As it is you need to have one assigment for single presets and one for multi presets, when using Control Link.
And you shall either use the sidepanel Macro knobs or Studio Ones own Macro Control to assigne your hardware knobs assigned for Control Link.
As it is it's simpler to use midi CC in ALV, but the problem is, that controls assigned for midi CC can't be used for normal midi CC. I guess this also is a Studio One problem.

It did'nt had to be that complicated.

BTW: Also i often exsperience issues, where things stop to work, when i change the parameters the controls on the ALV GUI shall control.
That's bad.

I don't know if Studio One 5s Control Link is better than in my Studio One 3.

I hope something will be be done to make all this better.

EDIT: I forgot - , If you first assign a midi CC to the ALV Macros (MIDI CONFIG), then you can use Control Link assigned controls to control the MIDI parameter that correspond to those midi CCs. That at least make it possible to use the same hardware knob for both singles and multipresets, even when using controls assigned for Control Link. It does'nt change it should be possible without using midi CC though. EDIT END.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 04:36:36 am by LBH »

James_Lafayette

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2022, 10:03:15 pm »
Thanks very much for your detailed reply LBH. I think the mappings used to work fine with Analogue Lab, and it works with all other plugins in the Collection, so I think it's an issue with Analogue Lab, possibly following an update performed by the Arturia Software Centre.

I had the same issue on a Mac based system, which I resolved the issue by following an uninstallation procedure mentioned in this thread....https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=92143.0

I don't suppose if you know how a similar procedure for Windows? I've tried to manually remove Analogue Lab by deleting all the files I can find which relate to Analogue Lab, but it does not appear to resolve the issue.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 12:04:19 am »
Your welcome.

I think the issue is Arturias.
You can only do what works. I tried to describe some things that work in my first post.

FYI: If you wan't to uninstall Arturia applications then you have a guide here from FAQ:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741261714-How-to-properly-uninstall-an-Arturia-software

Beside that you find the resource folder on the path set in ASC. If it's the default path, then it's in the hidden folder ProgramData, so you have to enable to see hidden folders and files in Windows to see it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 12:15:12 am by LBH »

James_Lafayette

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2022, 02:42:34 pm »
Thank you so much for the link, IŽll give it a go :-)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines