March 29, 2024, 03:50:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Mod wheel to control Multi's  (Read 684 times)

filmdscotland77

Mod wheel to control Multi's
« on: May 02, 2022, 12:56:32 am »
Hello folks,

My Nord stage went kaput, so I'm testing out Analog Labs and my older Keylab as a replacement.

One thing that I really liked about the Nord was the ability to assign the Mod wheel of the Nord to control volume levels of the different panels (in the case of Analog Labs, this would be parts)

So, Say part 1 was a piano and part 2 was a pad, is it possible to assign the mod wheel to bring in the pad and bring out the piano simultaneously? Failing that any other workarounds? I have a few songs in the set where I need to go from keys to a synth quickly.

Cheers

LBH

Re: Mod wheel to control Multi's
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2022, 04:23:25 pm »
Hi,

You can't direcly control Analog Lab part volumes with your modwheel.
The modwheel is a reserved midi CC. It's assigned to control parameters in the programming of presets in the individual full instrument applications.
You have to use a none reserved midi CC to control Analog Lab part volumes directly.

I suggest you use another none reserved midi CC to control a Analog Lab Macro. Then assign both part volumes to that Macro, and set the modulation curves for each part volume so they work the way you want.

You might also have the possibility to map the modwheel for a host/ DAWs own control system, but that perhaps cause more troubles than it solve.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines