March 29, 2024, 02:07:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: BSP Midi out issues  (Read 2234 times)

ThomCymb

BSP Midi out issues
« on: August 25, 2021, 07:54:04 pm »
Hi everyone,

I've been using my BSP for a while now to control two synths with cv/gate out (without problems) and this week I've been trying to add an sp404 to my setup and clock it through midi out. However, the sp404 doesn't seem to be receiving anything from the beatstep pro. I've checked the following things:
- They're set to the same MIDI channel
- I'm using the cable with the grey head & BSP is set to INT SYNC
- I've tried triggering other hardware through MIDI out on the BSP (Behringer model d and behringer odyssey, both set to the correct internal settings for receiving MIDI data and set to the same MIDI channel as the BSP); also not working.

I'm kindof lost here. Is there anything with regards to the factory settings in the MCC that I should change? Or am I missing something else?

Hopefully someone can help! 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:05:01 pm by ThomCymb »

Dr Mossi

• Apprentice
Re: BSP Midi out issues
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:20:15 pm »
Hi there,

I bought a BSP just last week and I am having the same issues. the BSP sents out MIDI by USB into my DAW just fine, but the MIDI out sends no signal at all.

Checked all settings but can't seem to find anything that helps....

Dr Mossi

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 09:24:15 pm »
Hi Thom,

found solution from other post: use the gray breakout cable and not the black one.
Worked for me...

Jop6

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 08:51:57 pm »
Hello Thom, did you manage to resolve your problem?
I've receive my Beatstep today and I have the same issue... No MIDI Out with...

pereirafrederico

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2021, 06:30:42 pm »
Same issue here. Just got a hardware synth (DSI Evolver) that has no usb. Trying to send midi out from BSP to it, evolver is not getting nothing.
The evolver gets midi out from my keylab midi keyboard, no problem. So not Evolver's fault.

Tried to double check, sending midi out from BSP to DAW. Does not work either. (only via usb, that works fine).
I'm using the grey cables. BSP is relatively new.
Interestingly, on Midi Center midi console, with mid out via DIN it does not show any midi messages when pressing pads. It seems is not a socket/cable issue, but BSP not sending midi out in case of DIN ports connected??

Too many of these complaints, but it seems there is no a specific answer....?
Any help, would be a godsend!

Thank you all.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 07:11:55 pm by pereirafrederico »

pereirafrederico

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 03:18:08 pm »
UPDATE:
I've contacted Arturia about this issue. So far, only suggestion is doing a hard reset. This is not solving it.

Vkmusic

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 07:36:40 am »
Same issue here. Just got a hardware synth (DSI Evolver) that has no usb. Trying to send midi out from BSP to it, evolver is not getting nothing.
The evolver gets midi out from my keylab midi keyboard, no problem. So not Evolver's fault.

Tried to double check, sending midi out from BSP to DAW. Does not work either. (only via usb, that works fine).
I'm using the grey cables. BSP is relatively new.
Interestingly, on Midi Center midi console, with mid out via DIN it does not show any midi messages when pressing pads. It seems is not a socket/cable issue, but BSP not sending midi out in case of DIN ports connected??

Too many of these complaints, but it seems there is no a specific answer....?
Any help, would be a godsend!

Thank you all.

Got exactly the same thing. But even my USB wont work. Im able to record events, but when i playback (either ableton/logic) i get silence. Its driving me crazy. Dunno what to do!!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines