March 28, 2024, 06:43:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab multi-instruments spike heavily in Logic Pro  (Read 722 times)

NeonBlackCat

• Apprentice
Analog Lab multi-instruments spike heavily in Logic Pro
« on: April 28, 2022, 12:15:20 am »
Hej folks and especially the coding team from Arturia if you ever read this

til: in Logic Pro X (latest macOS & Logic as of this writing) that if you have a combined instrument the CPU workload is heavy on just one core and is resting above 50% on my machine, with the other cores barely touched (see attached screenshots). Once you split them and load the exact same synth that made up your multi on two separate tracks, the workload gets more evenly distributed and you have a better time working in your DAW. Can't say how it is in other DAW's, I only work with Logic atm.

tldr: if your CPU load is too much and it crashes, try to split your multi for the time being

Cheers

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Analog Lab multi-instruments spike heavily in Logic Pro
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 04:02:16 pm »
I've noticed this too. I think it's because a multi is more than just two instances of AL5 on different tracks, there's all the additional processing behind the scenes (by AL5) to balance and merge the audio outputs of the two instruments and how their sounds interact with each other when put through any onboard effects you might be using. When you split each instrument into separate tracks in Logic, Logic then takes over doing the heavy lifting of doing that, and it's better tuned to more effectively using the additional CPU cores.

On the whole I find AL5 is way more processor-intensive than AL4, even when playing patches from the same instruments.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines