March 29, 2024, 03:09:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Roland SH-101 Sound using Current V-Collection Synth  (Read 2818 times)

neilbufkin

• Apprentice
Roland SH-101 Sound using Current V-Collection Synth
« on: April 27, 2022, 07:26:51 pm »
I don’t have extensive knowledge on types of hardward circuits used in various hardware, but I’m guessing that Roland used some of the same components in the SH-101 as some of their other synths that are emulated in the V-Col.

If I were looking to recreate some of my favorite SH-101 sounds using one of the V-Col synths, which synth would it be and why?

Thanks for the thoughts!

LBH

Re: Roland SH-101 Sound using Current V-Collection Synth
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 08:33:13 pm »
That depend on the sounds, and perhaps in how excact you need it to be.

SH-101 can blend waveforms in it's VCO and mix the levels of them. Also it has a mixable SUB OSC with different waveforms and octave settings. It can also blend in Noise.

JUP-8 have 2 OSCs you can mix, but no SUB OSC unless you use a normal OSC for that. You also need to use OSC-2 for noise, and thus it's used for that only.
JUN-6 can blend 2 waveforms but not their levels, and it'square wave only SUB OSC does'nt have octave settings. It also can blend in noise.
There are difference just in that.

I assume you can create some of your sounds in Jun-6 and/ or in Jup-8. But there can be some sounds where you perhaps should look at other synths.

There are emulations of SH-101 out there. I don't know how they work and sound though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 08:44:56 pm by LBH »

neilbufkin

• Apprentice
Re: Roland SH-101 Sound using Current V-Collection Synth
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 01:23:07 am »
Thank you for the insight, LBH.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines