March 28, 2024, 08:04:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: renaming my external SSD with my Arturia libraries on  (Read 827 times)

midinotes

renaming my external SSD with my Arturia libraries on
« on: April 23, 2022, 06:33:45 pm »
Ok I am stumped how to do this.  I want to rename my external SSD that has my Arturia V collection libraries on. However if I first try and rename the SSD and then launch the Arturia Software Centre, it crashes with an error.
If I launch Arturia Software Centre first (with the external SSD drive original name) it works - but if I then try to rename the external SSD, Arturia Software Centre logs me out and I can't get back in as it's unable to sync my licences.
I realise I can go into preferences in ASC to point to a new path, but how do I first rename my drive to do this?  I can't launch the ASC app once I've renamed my external SSD, it just crashes, so I can never get to the settings to change them.
It gives me the option to relocate the library with the old SSD drive name in place, but unless I had another external SSD with the new name that isn't really possible.. I want to just change the name of my existing SSD drive.

Anyone know how to fix this? :-).

Simon

LBH

Re: renaming my external SSD with my Arturia libraries on
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 09:32:13 pm »
Hi,

In case you really want and/ or need to do this for some reason.

I have'nt tried to do this. But if i trust your informations, then i would both deactive and uninstall the applications. Then rename the SSD and install and activate the software again.
Just in case it's a concern of yours: You don't loose an activation when you deactivate. You regain the activation.

Or you can try to move your resources twice following this guide:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741448850-Customize-your-resource-folder-location
First move ie to you internal drive, and then back to the renamed drive.
But perhaps my first suggestion is faster and perhaps better.

I suggest you create a backup of your presets, before you change anything, no matter what you do.

Perhaps there are other ways, but i don't know how the result will be, and i'm not sure it will be faster.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines