April 24, 2024, 02:42:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturi AL and NI Komplete Kontrol // midi mapping  (Read 3046 times)

NeonBlackCat

• Apprentice
Arturi AL and NI Komplete Kontrol // midi mapping
« on: April 26, 2022, 03:34:59 pm »
Hej folks

As NI and Arturia inch closer and NKS support is now fully implemented, I was wondering if someone has an idea how to create (or where to get) a mapping for the Native Instruments "Komplete Kontrol" keyboards?
I'll attach a screenshot what I mean. In Analog Lab and any synth in the V-Collection you can open the preferences and in the MIDI section you can select your controller, which ofc are all Arturia standard ones. :)

So how to I get in or create a mapping for my Komplete Kontrol controllers, to have that available in this preset midi controller list, so I can just switch to it whenever I want to make sounds with AL or VC?

cheers

LBH

Re: Arturi AL and NI Komplete Kontrol // midi mapping
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 05:31:14 pm »
Hi,

You have allready picked a Generic setting. And you can see the default midi config.
You can also make your own midi Configs/ mappings. Use the LEARN button or the ADD CONTROL in the bottom of the list.

Please consult the manual for some further info.

Midi ch and cc can be changed clicking on the numbers.

I doubt Arturia will create speciel GUIs for certain controllers. But who knows.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 05:42:28 pm by LBH »

NeonBlackCat

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 08:19:15 pm »
thx

well, I didn’t pick it really as it is the very much default AL/VC uses.

Since Arturia edged closer to NI with cross selling and implementation of NKS to their software, I had hoped for like an accessible database, or the midi-controller software to build my own interface.

Sure I can do the learn midi trick, but that’s just the bare minimum and would be tedious to do for all the synths in the whole collection. That’s where I’m hoping to access the templates and make one for the S-Series keyboards I own.

And since I’m not the only one using controllers and software from both of these small Mom&Pop software companies, I hope someone else already knows how to do it! :)

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 03:59:26 pm »
Do you think Arturias applications use NKS themself? In that case you are wrong.
You are just getting an extra set NKS preset files an alike to be used in NI's Komplete Kontrol software, from manufactors that have so called NKS compatible software. NKS are only implemented in NI's Komplete Kontrol software. The manufactures own applications use their own preset format apart from NKS.

Midi learn/ assignments is'nt a trick.
When you use your NI controller without using the Komplete Kontrol software, then it's just a simple controller. It does'nt have any advantages when using Arturia software.
NKS is a NI thing, and presets you create in NKS format can't be used in the other manufactors software.

NeonBlackCat

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 04:08:39 pm »
Ok, what are you trying to say?
Yes, NKS is de facto implemented with the Arturia software. It’s a compatibility protocol so to say. Sadly only for the synths and not AL!

So far, you haven’t had an answer to making a custom controller set or anything like that, aside what’s already in the manual — and this isn’t what I am looking for, as this is some basic midi functionality working with almost any plugin that has midi.

What I am looking for is a custom set of control mappings to the NI S-Series, or any midi controller really. As Analog Lab for examples changes the UI when you switch to say the Keylab controller: fader appear and the virtual knobs move place.

So tldr: a way to customise an extensive mapping like the Keylab mk2 to your midi-controller, whatever that may be.

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 07:38:15 pm »
So your wishes have nothing to do with your thoughts about NI and Arturia.

Twice i've said you have the Generic settings. You can't create your own layout.
Also you can't create a single MIDI Config template that you can use in all applications.
In which instrument collction is that possible?
(Don't know if a technician would be able to do something going into the applications code available code. If so, the it probably should be fixed after each update, so it would not be easier i think.)

The GUI layout has nothing to do with browsing and preset selection and only AL have controller layouts, so i assume you don't talk about mapping browsing and preset selection features.
Arturias instruments only use it's own MIDI Configs/ templates.

You can make a feature request. But you have to be excact in which functionality you would like.
But i think it very well will be faster to do what's allready possible.

BTW: How do you control NI's Massive X internally, when used outside the Komplete Kontrol Software and don't use a hosts control system?

FYI: You can save all your AL presets as NKS files. Then you can think about why Arturia does'nt do that themself.
Also keep in mind that AL and Arturias other instruments can share presets, in Arturias own preset system. You can't do that with NKS.

FYI2: I don't have an Arturia controller or a NI controller. I do fine anyway. I just don't have a display on my controller that the software report to.
I do have automapping though. Unfortunately that's out of production. Also i have the options my DAW offer.
I also would like anything to work out of the box doing excactly what i wish without me doing anything. But that's not how it is in the software world today. The question is, if it ever will be better.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines