April 18, 2024, 08:52:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't see the knob labels in Studio One (on my old computer)  (Read 1289 times)

fbherr

• Apprentice
Can't see the knob labels in Studio One (on my old computer)
« on: April 24, 2022, 11:12:14 pm »
Hi there - wondering if anyone else has this problem: the labels are almost invisible on the black background I see in Studio One. Can't find anything in the manual for how to change the appearance of the Main Panel/Page. Don't want to complain about a free treat like this, and I can live with it, but thought I'd let you know in case it's a bug not a feature :-)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 09:03:41 pm by fbherr »

LBH

Re: Can't see the knob labels in Studio One
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2022, 12:47:42 am »
Hi,

The background should'nt be black.
I suggest you try a reinstall.
Also be sure your Graphics are updated.

You can see how it should look, and read about the needed specifications here:
https://www.arturia.com/products/software-instruments/augmented-strings-intro/overview

fbherr

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2022, 03:13:04 am »
Thank you, good to know! I just reinstalled it but it's still black in Studio One. Interestingly, I then tried launching the stand-alone version, and initially the background was also black (though it did show the brown and pink graphics on the left and right sides, but still black in the centre), but when I changed something in the Audio or MIDI settings, it changed from a black background (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AteEdC0wQvTekUvd-hHNcVuwXau_) to the white background (https://1drv.ms/u/s!AteEdC0wQvTekUwaaEo95I7bFIsb). Went back into Studio One after that but no luck, still black.

My specs seem to meet the requirements, though I'm not sure about OpenGL 2 compatibility, I don't have a dedicated graphics card:
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @3.40GHz
4 cores
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000

I'm not desperate for a solution, just passing this info along in case it helps the developers at all. Love the sounds, that's all that matters to me.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 06:01:19 pm »
Your welcome,

I can't tell for sure, but it very well can be a local issue related to your system.

Your CPU and Graphics is 11 years old.
I have the next gen intel i7 with HD 4000 graphics and no additional graphics. 10 years old. It's updated.  It's officially supported on windows 10, which i don't think HD 3000 is. I use Windows 10, but started out using Windows 7.

I use Studio One 3 Pro - latest update.

I don't have the issue you have.

fbherr

• Apprentice
Re: Can't see the knob labels in Studio One (on my old computer)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 09:08:21 pm »
Thanks again. Fair enough, shouldn't expect it to work perfectly on old systems. I've modified the subject line of my original post.

LBH

Re: Can't see the knob labels in Studio One (on my old computer)
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 10:33:42 pm »
That might depend.

I did'nt say you could'nt get it to work. I can't tell. But i must assume, that you have tried what i suggested. You can also try to switch of animations in the applications.
I guess it's could and should work, - at least if you use Windows 8.1 and not Studio One 5 as that's for windows 10, and if you use the correct graphic driver.
Perhaps you can even get it to work on Windows 10.

fbherr

• Apprentice
Hello, just revisiting this thread because I just updated my Augmented Strings and the problem has been fixed. Much appreciated, Arturia developers! Merci!  :)
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AteEdC0wQvTekU0ElLED7k0ho-fc

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines