April 26, 2024, 01:12:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton LIve 11 PolyBrute arp first note not playing  (Read 682 times)

captainmarko

• Apprentice
Ableton LIve 11 PolyBrute arp first note not playing
« on: April 22, 2022, 07:13:41 pm »
Hello!

I've got a series of single notes, 8 bars long, triggering an arp patch in my PolyBrute. About 50% of the time, the first note of the pattern will not play. By the second note, it catches on and plays the remainder of the pattern and however many repeats just fine. If I solo the track, you can hear the first note start to trigger, and then choke off.

The other 50% of the time, it plays in it's entirety like it should. I've double and triple checked my settings and all is as it should be, AFAIK. Any ideas as to what would cause this behavior?

And yes, I've tried starting the entire sequence a bar or two before the actual notes. Doesn't matter. Same results.
Sleep in the trees and keep your knees in the breeze.

StudioDeutz

Re: Ableton LIve 11 PolyBrute arp first note not playing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 07:03:24 pm »
Similar issue here.
- Tapping in the sequencer notes in with the MPCX (not into the MPCX, but usig the pads t play notes) - recording works as expected.
- Replay starts with the second note - after that all is fine

The MPCX sends, to my feeling, the correct start information, as the drums (RS7000) start ok with the first beat. The PB drops the very first one.....
EDIT: ok - strange behaviour:
--- If I start the playback with a count in by the MPCX the PB starts with the first note.... why the RS7000 is not having an issue with it, no idea...
--- Changed clock source in the PB from Auto to MIDI has no impact.
--- the MPCX is the master clock, as I use it as center piece like a DAW
Example will be deleted in a couple of days - for review only: if Arturia is interessed - drop a PM
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 05:07:34 pm by StudioDeutz »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines