March 28, 2024, 11:19:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU CPU CPU CPU CPU  (Read 2430 times)

mememe

• Apprentice
CPU CPU CPU CPU CPU
« on: April 18, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »
Really struggling with CPU here as others seem to be. Nothing slow about my computer. Not shy of RAM. Can't hold down more than three notes at a time, especially on the first patch presented by the plugin (presumably to show off it's capabilities!)

I really don't think it's just a problem with the animations...

Thankfully it was free - I would be seriously disapopointed if I'd paid for this.

What I can hear before things go south is fantastic!

murry61

• Apprentice
    • my soundcloud
Re: CPU CPU CPU CPU CPU
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 07:42:22 pm »
Same issue. Version 1.0.0.1964 has a severe CPU problem. :(

Augmented Strings show a 15% CPU usage at rest with most of the patches. (Running in standalone mode, not inside a DAW)
When playing it goes up to 40% an more!. Sounds are distorted.
It get worse when playing more than 2 notes (polyphony)

I compared to others instruments from my V Collection.
Any other V collection instrument shows only a 1% CPU usage at rest, and no more than 16% when playing.
I don't have any problem playing any of my V Collection instruments

Conclusion: Augmented Strings is a cool virtual instrument, but needs a quick fix.

Alderanian

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 08:01:50 am »
I was wondering if anybody else had my issues with Augmented Strings. It is an already gorgeous and very promising instrument, but given that its installation size is quite moderate, it is likely that under the hood there is a lot of technically innovative and CPU-intensive calculations going on. I struggle to keep the performance in tidy shape, without cracklings and dropouts, on my fully spec'd brand-new laptop. I will have a look at the CPU/SSD usage rates, but I guess that, since AS runs rather fluently on my desktop Mac (although I haven't had the chance to test it within a multi-instrument DAW project), this is not exactly the kind of virtual instruments you can rely on for mobile composition, because of the occasional CPU frequency throttling that is a known limitation of portable devices. This said, I surmise (and hope) that some future optimisation of code might result in better computational performance overall.

GrizzlyAK

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 09:33:59 pm »
Yes, I can confirm that the CPU usage is extremely high for this plugin. On my Z820 16 core beast with 32GB ram, I often get artifacts in the sound and maxed out CPU when playing some of the presets with multiple notes. Granted, this BEAUTIFUL instrument is doing A LOT, and hopefully, Arturia can improve efficiency in some way, or maybe even offload some stuff to the GPU. I spent the last two full days non-stop exploring it. The full version is a work of art compared to the Intro version, and I upgraded for $30, which was a STEAL. I absolutely love it.

telecode

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 01:56:09 pm »
Confirmed here. The CPU usage is really high. It prevents me from want to invest in the full version. CPU at rest hovers between 20 to 30% depending on patch.

greggybud

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 08:58:05 am »
More confirmation.  Inside Cubase, changing the buffer from 256 to 512 does nothing...not that I expected it to.

greggybud

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 06:42:00 pm »
I have been messing with this for just a few days.  I think, for the majority of users, both Augmented and Voices are not manifesting this bad behavior.  Here is Petes tweaks, something to look at.:
https://devblogs.microsoft.com/windows-music-dev/unofficial-windows-10-audio-workstation-build-and-tweak-guide-part-2/

For myself, I'm messing with the High Performance Mode and the NVIDIA power management mode.  Both of these settings need to be changed because I don't believe either are default settings.

At the moment, there are no issues, however this could be a periodic issue.  Fingers crossed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines