April 19, 2024, 09:59:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU real estate  (Read 1245 times)

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
CPU real estate
« on: April 16, 2022, 04:24:37 pm »
Will preface by saying; absolutely love the presets in this free instrument. Sounds pretty lush and high quality to my ears, I can easily see myself adding instances of it to parts of my mixes, or even layering it with other tracks. With this being free, my feedback is more of a gripe than anything—at this point I wouldn't purchase a full version of this solely based on the CPU usage it takes up. In order to make it work I would need to open up an individual project exclusively for this plugin to be able to record a segment, then bounce it to add it to a separate full project. A bit tedious but as long as it's free.

So I don’t have the latest greatest macbook (late 2014 retina 8gb ram); I don’t have issues with other arturia plugins, I am running this in Logic exclusively with no other plugins, windows or applications open. Buffer set to 1024. Also tried in standalone at the highest buffer. In both cases many of the presets/samples are super clippy/laggy when played. Almost overloading the app (even moreso in the standalone version).

I’m not sure if the cause of this is the GUI being complex, or the actual functionality of the plugin, but It would be nice to see, somehow, a simplified version of the plugin that is less taxing on CPU. Idk if that means stripping things down in the plugin visually, or if something else can be done on the backend. Not a developer so I have little knowledge of how those things work. I know some NI kontakt plugins I have invlude “full” and “lite” versions. Maybe something similar would be helpful. I really would love to use this but not willing to spend another couple grand at anytime soon to upgrade my laptop for this plugin alone (when it works fine for everything else).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 09:37:39 pm by Zed Lepplin »

Zed Lepplin

• Apprentice
Re: CPU real estate
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 04:47:00 am »
You know what, I turned off animations by clicking the settings gear, and it’s making a significant difference in CPU usage. I’ll test it out a bit more.
Update: still lagging bad but hey, it’s free.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 04:36:34 pm by Zed Lepplin »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines