March 28, 2024, 10:55:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pro VS - Can't MIDI Learn Joystick Y  (Read 2413 times)

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Pro VS - Can't MIDI Learn Joystick Y
« on: April 15, 2022, 07:52:14 am »
When I try to MIDI learn on the joystick it only lets me choose the X axis. No matter what I do it won't choose the Y axis. And then, even when I manually add the joystick Y axis, it won't let me assign both axis.
I managed to get it to work by learning the X axis on MIDI ch2, turning off Learn, then manually changing the MIDI channel to 1.
Then I turned Learn back on and manually added the joystick Y axis, and it took the Y axis CC# from my X/Y pad, again on MIDI ch2.
Then I again turned off Learn and manually changed the X axis back to MIDI ch2.
Now it works, but only kind of as expected. I have to rotate the pad 45 degrees counter clockwise for it to match the screen.
This space left intentionally blank.

LBH

Re: Pro VS - Can't MIDI Learn Joystick Y
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 01:28:55 pm »
Hi,

I have no issues assigning midi cc. I have used midi CC1 though. One midi CC for each axis.

On Windows _ If you Click "Shift" on the computer keyboard hold it and click the joystick while in learn mode in the right panels MIDI section, then i access the Y-axis.

If i click "Add control" in the bottom of right panels Midi section, then i also can choose the parameters MixerPadX and MixerPadY. It all work.

Unfortunately the joystick still move in reverse. So if i on my X/Y pad go clockwise, then Prophet VS go counter clockwise. That's still annoying even if it work.
And yes everything is rotated 45 degrees counter clockwise. I guess that's why Arturia have drawn lines on the GUI around the joystick.
I have reported joystick movement issue years ago.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: Pro VS - Can't MIDI Learn Joystick Y
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2022, 07:22:36 pm »
Well. I can see that THIS is never going to be fixed. Prophet V as such is now abandoned. Sweet. <sigh>  :-\
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines