April 17, 2024, 01:27:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Duplicate favourites after copying 'Arturia' folder from a different computer  (Read 1287 times)

OFS

• Apprentice
Hello,

I have a Macbook Pro where I have the V Collection installed with the latest version. This installation has a bunch of presets that I saved as favourites on Analog Lab V over time. The MacBook has Catalina installed.

I recently upgraded my iMac to Monterey and after the installation I wanted to transfer my favourites database from the MacBook. After a clean install of the Arturia software, I copied and replaced the whole /Library/Arturia folder from the MacBook to the iMac (I now realise that probably copying only the 'Presets' folder would be enough, but anyway) hoping this would restore my favourites on the iMac.

For some reason, now on the iMac every one of my favourites appears duplicated in Analog Lab V and I can't find a way to remove the duplicate entries. In each of these duplicates, one seems to be invalid, because when I click on it, it jumps to the next one, and then correctly loads the preset. Even if I want to delete the invalid duplicates one by one, I can't because it immediately jumps to the valid duplicate.

Does anyone have a clue why a copy of the Arturia folder works correctly on the MacBook would have this issue when copied to the iMac?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Miguel Barrosa

LBH

Hi,

Sound like it could be a database error.
Try and remove/delete the db.db3 file in the preset folder. Then start Analog Lab and let the full database be build again. It can take some time, so let Analog Lab be open for a while untill you see the build is finnished.
Unless you actually have duplicates, then i assume this will fix your issue. I hope so.

OFS

• Apprentice
Hello LBH, thanks for your help.

I re-copied the folder from the MacBook and deleted the db.db3 file before opening Analog Lab V and now everything is fine!

Thanks for the solution and the quick reply!

Miguel Barrosa

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines