April 26, 2024, 07:14:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V-Collection synths not stopping when grouped in Ableton Live  (Read 758 times)

thebeatbarian

Hi,
I'm loving the V-Collection and just upgraded to V8 and it's all amazing. However, I am having an issue with the Buchla not stopping playing when it's grouped in a group track with other synths. I have an instance of Pigments and an instance of Buchla in a grouped track in Ableton and when I push stop on the group clip the Buchla keeps playing. I moved it outside the group and used the scene play and stop buttons and it stopped playing but when I put it back into the group track and used the scene play and stop buttons it goes on playing. So this behaviour only seems to be happening in a grouped track.
Any info on whether it's a bug or is there something I need to change in my settings somewhere?
Thanks.

LBH

Re: V-Collection synths not stopping when grouped in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 06:10:14 pm »
Hi,

Do you use the same Buchla preset in your exsperiment? Buchla is a speciel synth. Can you name a Factory preset that cause the issue?

thebeatbarian

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 03:43:58 pm »
Thanks for replying. It's the Noisy Rhythm Amb preset. I also messed with some of the controls although I've no idea what I was doing, it just sounded good. Either way, the behaviour doesn't occur when the Buchla is on it's own, it only happens when it is inside a Group Track.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 06:13:15 pm »
Your welcome.

So it's the same preset you use when buchla is on it's own and when grouped, i must understand. That's what i asked about.

The preset you mention is a preset, that when you play Buchla as standalone, then it does'nt stop playing a key up. That's because it's programmed like that.
Both gate level 1 and 2 is positive as it is. Nothing that's set to close the gates unless you do it manually.

As i understand you have found out, then the sound does stop, when you stop a playing DAW completely so the DAW does'nt play at all.
I don't use Ableton Live, but i assume when you stop a group (clip), then the DAW is still playing. In this case  it look like it wont send out the message that stop the sound. Perhaps because it would stop sounds you would like to keep playing too.
If you stop a clip where only Buchla is (not grouped), then i also will assume Buchla keep playing untill you stop the DAW playing.
Perhaps you in clips and groups can add a message to stop sounds playing in that clip or group only, as it look like it does'nt do that. I don't know if that's possible.

i don't know if it's possible for Arturia to add a stop sound when only clips and groups is stopped.
You can ask Arturia support. And you can also ask Ableton support, if you can do something in Live.

Perhaps you can learn to use Buchla V and perhaps find a way to make the preset to not need the constant open gates, and still work for you.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines