April 23, 2024, 09:58:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: RESOLVED: Sustain Pedal Producing Odd Sound  (Read 1553 times)

bubba

• Apprentice
RESOLVED: Sustain Pedal Producing Odd Sound
« on: April 03, 2022, 02:26:50 am »
KeyLab 61 MKII
I have tried 3 sustain pedals. All of them produce a sound when pressed and then again when released.    If I turn up the volume it sounds very much like a drum beat, Once when pressed and again when released. All three pedals do this with any instrument in either the DAW or Analog Lab Modes. The extra sound is at a lower volume but too distracting to use for much of anything.
They all sustain BTW.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 04:26:14 pm by bubba »

LBH

Hi,

Does the pedals work correct, when you use Analog Lab or other applications in standalone mode?

if you have sounds when using Piano, then it can be pedal noise. But not it's ie is a Mini V sound.

bubba

• Apprentice
Thanks for your reply. It happens with all three pedals in DAW or Standalone mode regardless of patch or plugin. It's being played through a digital interface. into an EV Evolution 30m linear array/subwoofer system.

LBH

Strange.

What excactly is that beat sound you mention? I understand it as one "hit" on pedal down and on up.
Is it possible to record the sound in your DAW and post a audio file?

The pedals only affect a midi message. It's the applications that produce sound.
When using a Arturia standalone application you should have no such issue, unless something else is going on. Does your controler control other things at the same time?

Are your Keylab MK2 connected directly to you computer with a USB connection?
Do you have a Microphone active? If yes - then do you have the sound when the microphone is'nt active?
Which digital interface do you use, and is audio send to it through USB directly from the computer?
Can you hear the beat sound from the interface headphone output?

Have you tried and connect the pedals to one of the AUX inputs on your controller? Does that also produce the sound? Or what if you let one of your controller pad send out a midi cc #64 messages, do that produce the sound?

I can only help to suggest this troubleshooting.
At this point i have a hard time to see how this should be a controller and/ or pedal issue.
Can it be your Keystep that interfere?

bubba

• Apprentice
Thank you for your reply. So, I'm pretty sure that this is occurring only in Analog Lab patches. Specifically, all American Grand derivatives, German to a lesser degree, and the Japanese Grand sounds are clean.
I have moved to AUX 3 and reconfigured it to work as sustain and it behaves exactly the same way. I have included an mp3 of the sound. You may have to kick the volume up. I forgot to set the LUFs.
There is yet another problem but I'm trying to work through them one at a time. Thanks in advance.

LBH

Are you stepping on the pedal multiple times after each other?
As i wrote in my first reply, then Piano sounds can be coded to produce pedal sounds just like a real piano has. You wrote it's on all presets, but all the presets you mention is Piano sounds, so it's not strange.
Do you have the full Piano V2 application? In that case you can remove the sound, as it's a parameter in Piano V2, if it come from that. The sound you have recorded sound like it is. That's also why you can record the sound.

bubba

• Apprentice
I did originally think that it was all sounds in the heat of paying 500+ for a midi keyboard. I think you are correct though as now it appears to be piano sounds. I do have V2 and will search for those parameters. Thank you

LBH

The parameter is under Action/ Noises and named Pedal Noise.
Keep in mind that pedal noise is natural in real pianos. In some Pianos it's quite loud.
The noise is even sampled for sampled pianos.

bubba

• Apprentice
I found it and turned it down in one instantiation. I will use it in conjunction with a string. In others, I will leave it. Yep, quite a few pianos that I've played bark when pressing and releasing. In this case, it was just too loud when amplified. You helped a lot. Thanks. I just wasn't expecting that level of accuracy so I didn't realize what it was.

LBH

Re: RESOLVED: Sustain Pedal Producing Odd Sound
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 12:22:13 am »
Your welcome.

Good.
Yes emulations fortunately can be quite detailed.
Then the "issue" is solved.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines