March 28, 2024, 06:33:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: More stuff I'd like to see from Arturia  (Read 2278 times)

hejazzman

• Apprentice
More stuff I'd like to see from Arturia
« on: April 02, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
(1) A flagship drum machine in V-Collection - Spark has long been dead and gone and neglected.

(2) A sampler. Now that Native Instruments has dropped the ball (with M1, no hi-dpi for years, little development) maybe it's time for a new mainstream sampler instrument.

At this point Arturia is one of the few companies I trust to do this stuff right.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: More stuff I'd like to see from Arturia
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2022, 01:41:28 pm »
Totally with you regarding the drum machine.
They've recently updated Spark to be Apple M1 compatible, so I guess it's not yet abandonware, but it's not been updated for many a year. I don't get why they stopped including it with V Collection from V5 onwards.
Re samplers, perhaps I'm just lucky my DAW (Logic) already comes with a number of standard instruments which work very well as samplers (ESX24 (now just called Sampler), Quick Sampler, Drum Machine Designer, Alchemy), so I would not be particularly interested in third-party options. But if one was included in a future V Collection, sure I wouldn't object.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 02:13:49 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

hejazzman

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 12:37:35 pm »
> Re samplers, perhaps I'm just lucky my DAW (Logic) already comes with a number of standard instruments which work very well as samplers (ESX24 (now just called Sampler), Quick Sampler, Drum Machine Designer, Alchemy), so I would not be particularly interested in third-party options. But if one was included in a future V Collection, sure I wouldn't object.

For those kind of samplers, more beat/loop oriented, like Quick Sampler and Drum Machine Designer yes.

But I was thinking more about instruments and sound libraries (so like for Kontakt, Spitfire, etc.). EXS24/Sampler covers part of that, but is Logic only.

therrien.dave

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2022, 02:42:55 pm »
Samplers - I think the market is ripe for innovation here. I use Ableton Live which has their Simpler and Sampler instruments.

I've recently purchased the $10 Waves CR8 sampler and I think it's more capable than Simpler and not as complex to learn as Sampler. I also like the free Cosmos AI-based Sample finder that it comes with. very cool pair of products.

What I want from Arturia in the future? I dunno - I'm pretty new to Analog Lab V and Pigments so I haven't made a list of things I would wish for.

neilguise

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 01:21:10 pm »
DrumFreak - 8 voice hybrid digital / analog drum machine with the micro freak brain as the sound source.

The sequencer could be more or less the same as the drum brute impact - maybe have it lean a little more to the elektron style of things with per step locking or automation.

The Microfreak brain is capable of such incredible percussive tones that to build a drum machine around it seems like a no brainer.

Taylor the parameters that control the freak to a sweet spot in a similar way the model:cycles does with FM.

Please Arturia - I need a microfreak drum machine!

VoxFisa333

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 03:38:57 pm »
Totally with you regarding the drum machine.
They've recently updated Spark to be Apple M1 compatible, so I guess it's not yet abandonware, but it's not been updated for many a year. I don't get why they stopped including it with V Collection from V5 onwards.
Re samplers, perhaps I'm just lucky my DAW (Logic) already comes with a number of standard instruments which work very well as samplers (ESX24 (now just called Sampler), Quick Sampler, Drum Machine Designer, Alchemy), so I would not be particularly interested in third-party options. But if one was included in a future V Collection, sure I wouldn't object.

Looking through the YouTube vids, the only problem I see with Spark is the inability to process Song pointers. Other than that, it gets high markks and it is one awesome piece of kit. Got me interested in drum machines. Fix that, add bass and you have a starship

As for a sampler, you can use Audacity or Waveosaur or any 16 bit 44k or better recording program or DAW, then process for EQ and convert to WAV or, if using SFZ mp3

VoxFisa333

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 06:00:17 am »
As for what I'd like to see

ELECTRIC PIANO: Hohner Pianet

ORGANS: full-bore Lowrey theatre organ. A good, fully-voiced alternative to the B3 The Farfisa turned into a SET of them like was done with the Vox up to the Professional Duo. Rheem Mark VII, Doric 61TT Mix, Ace Tone Top 8 (or is it 7?) The Yamaha conmbos, Panther 300 Duo Deluxe

ODDs & END's Hammond S series chord organs or original Extravoice which was the model for the S series except that instead of the chord bank, it had a split KB, Hammond Novachord. an full SFZ player compatible with SFZedit and a good GUI. Crumar Orchestrator, SC Prelude, Moog Opus 3 or a set or instrument that incorperates them, ARP Omni, ARP Quadra Optagan/Vaco Orchestron

As for synths, Arturia has just about gotten them all. The GEM Genisys engine. It has a synth that takes samples and lets you draw what looks like an 8-stage envelope for filer and volume and then pile 6 patches up to create a "Sound". They could add another folder to the SQ-80 that you put your own samples in

That would just about cover it all for me

VoxFisa333

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 10:21:00 pm »
A 16-voice SID Chip player or SID chip samples for the Emulator II, and a 60's "drum box" from the Lowery or Hammond Organ, maybe in one instrument.

Mark over at Automatic Gansay has done some pretty impressive things with a Baldwin Fun Machine

RZee

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 12:50:23 am »
A new KeyStep37(and/or 49,61) with polyAT and a ribbon controller the length of the keyboard.
A KeyLab MkIII with the same.

VoxFisa333

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2022, 11:31:31 pm »
Now that Arturia has a dope set of effects, why not the rest of the recording studio; tracker and mixer?

I heard on YouTube that the fail on the Spark is that it does not respond to MIDI Song, the problem I have is that it has only 8 pads for 16 pieces so you have to go back and forth to edit out of step mode. On the other hand, the step mode eidtor is boss as are the effects and options Like to get a 24 pakd and 2 footswitch controller because it's a big honkin' muthuh

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines