March 28, 2024, 10:17:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC does not start [Fixed]  (Read 1310 times)

Andr3as

• Apprentice
ASC does not start [Fixed]
« on: March 28, 2022, 10:47:33 am »
Hi,

first: I also wrote a support ticket but maybe someone in the forum have also ideas.

My Problem: I installed ASC and then I clicked on the shortcut to start ASC. Windows (10) asked me to allow the app "changes to the device" -> I clicked YES and then the app seems to crash (Nothing happens, no background process, nothing). Even if I run the app wir Admin rights...
I tried to copy the App also to a different location to trigger somehow the Firewall, Virusscanner (Bitdefender) or anything else -> no success. It seems that somehow a package (maybe a microsoft one) is missing.

In the Windows Log I can find the following informations (translated from german to english):

ERROR
Name of the application: Arturia Software Center.exe, Version: 2.4.0.1764, timestamp: 0x6195ee50
Name of Modul: Arturia Software Center.exe, Version: 2.4.0.1764, timestamp: 0x6195ee50
Exception Code: 0xc0000409
Failure offset: 0x00917b56
ID of the Prozesses: 0x4fc8
Starttime: 0x01d8428095359314
Path of application: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\Arturia Software Center.exe
Path of Module Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arturia\Arturia Software Center\Arturia Software Center.exe
Error Report: aebbf758-0672-4f5a-b925-d0d28269535a
Complete Name of the Package:
Application-ID, that is relative to the package:

I hope someone can help. Thanks.

Best regards.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 10:44:55 am by Andr3as »

gruuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: ASC does not start
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 02:00:44 pm »
here simply the Login process doesn't do. On Mac (Big Sur) trying to start ASC. Login window opens and the "Rocket" is orbiting forever =  No Login!
ASC Version 2.4.0.1764
(Yes, I am online ....)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2022, 02:02:15 pm by gruuv »

gruuv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2022, 05:43:35 pm »
abort "the never ending flight of the Rocket" and toggle to Offline Authorization. Toggle back to Online opens the way to enter your login data (again). After that the problem was solved. Must have been some hickup after internal reworks took place.

Andr3as

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 09:18:39 am »
Hi,

thanks for the reply but this has nothing to do with my Problem ;)
I don't see a Rocket or anything else -> I Start the App, nothing happes, just the beautiful view of my Desktop.

Best regards

Andr3as

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 05:38:52 pm »
Short Feedback:
I figured out that with a new created ADMIN Account (B) on Win10 I can start the ASC without any Problems. So it seems to be an issue with my primary Admin account (A) itself (Policies or something like that).
If I start ASC from Account A with "run with other Cridentials/Account" and use Account B, it will start ASC. But if I install an application (for example Pigments), the license will be connected to Account B and not Account A. So I can't use Pigments on Account A in my DAW...

Maybe someone have an Idea.

Andr3as

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2022, 10:44:21 am »
Hi,

it seems that I’ve fixed the Problem by myself.
The Problem and solutions seems to be the following:

The Environment-Variable Setting vor TEMP and TMP was incorrect. For my primary account it was routed to

TEMP --> %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Temp
TMP   --> %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Tmp

I’ve changed it to

TEMP --> %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP   --> %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Temp

That fixed the Problem.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines