March 28, 2024, 05:03:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to connect microbrute to Matrix brute  (Read 2054 times)

ThomasJ101

• Apprentice
How to connect microbrute to Matrix brute
« on: March 24, 2022, 09:46:02 pm »
Hi there!
I am super new to combine two synths together...as I understand, it is possible to connect a microbrute (audio out) to the Matrix brute (audio in on the back)
But so far, I am out of luck. I am trying to play on the matrix brute and separate on the microbrute and let the audio pass to the matrix brute.
When hitting a key on the Micro, I get no sound at all. The matrix is doing fine.
I am sure, I am missing something. Could one explain in like dummy proof text what cable goes where?
Would be super appreciated!
Thnx in advance! All the best! Tom

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: How to connect microbrute to Matrix brute
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 12:40:05 pm »
Hi Tom

Disclaimer: I don't own either, but according to the MB's manual, the input on the back is 'to run external instruments through the MB's synthesis engine'. So first of all even if you get it working I don't think it will give you a straightforward 'pass through' that I think you're hoping for. Other than that, it would seem all you need is a 1/4" jack-jack lead, set the input type switch to Line, and turn the Gain control up. (Maybe also turn the Gate off.)
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

ThomasJ101

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2022, 07:59:54 am »
Hm…thnx! Nope, I have not been able to get it work.
I think, Ill go ahead and get a proper mixer! :-)

thark

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 04:57:32 pm »
In 2012, Arturia released their Minibrute, their first analog synthesizer, and achieved great success with its old-school style that offered no presets and no complicated menus. The Minibrute was a small synthesizer, made for monologue experimentation, affordability, portability, and ease of use. It packed quite a punch and made a name for itself in the industry, despite offering only one oscillator.

How does this address the OPs post??

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2023, 09:28:43 am »
How does this address the OPs post??
It doesn't. The poster was a spammer who has since been removed. Mostly these people don't even speak English and are usually middle-east based. They copy-paste something that looks relevant, then a couple of hours later they come back and edit it to include a link to a completely unrelated site like essay-writing services or sketchy sex-enhancement pills. Presumably there must be good money in spamming forums, a bit like virus writing, because I wouldn't do any of that for pittance.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines