April 24, 2024, 10:52:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Major problems! Lagging and changing sounds in DAW  (Read 752 times)

MadProfessor

Major problems! Lagging and changing sounds in DAW
« on: May 05, 2022, 12:25:21 am »
 So I’ve went all in on Arturia and just got the Keylab mkii 88 and bought the v collection 8. I’m using Cubase 12 pro on a MacBook M1 chip with Apollo 8p and console as my audio interface.

Problem 1: If I open analog lab v or a synth plugin in cubase the synth presets sounds way different than if I open analog V or the plugin as stand alone. The effects like reverb and phaser is suddenly set to max. And if I try to reduce them then they just automatically goes up again.

Problem 2: When having a synth plugin or analog lab v on a track in cubase it has a massive lag that makes it virtually impossible to play. I’ve tried changing the sample rate from 256 to 128 without any effect.

It’s really a disaster because I can’t use this product to record with it. Please help me
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 12:29:24 am by MadProfessor »

amonti

• Apprentice
Re: Major problems! Lagging and changing sounds in DAW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2022, 05:34:08 am »
Absolutely killer setup - that's definitely going all in!

I've been trying to use Cubase 12 on my MacBook for a couple of months now, but there are too many idiosyncrasies and I usually revert to V11 on my other Mac. I feel for the Steinberg engineers - they must be under enormous pressure to address bugs at the moment (some users are unhappy being essentially 'Beta' testers). Chances are your issues are due to Cubase; have you tried other VSTs? Do they work ok? I did see another release/patch last week - are you up-to-date (relevant discussion link below).  I personally don't have lag or other strange behaviour with Arturia VSTs, but I'm running Cubase 12 on an Intel-based Mac, and I do have issues with Roland VSTs.

You could also try the Arturia VSTs in the FL Studio trial to see if they have the same issues. If not, it's likely Cubase 12 growing pains.

Good luck!

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-0-10-performance-issues/780413/140

MadProfessor

Re: Major problems! Lagging and changing sounds in DAW
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2022, 01:31:06 pm »
Absolutely killer setup - that's definitely going all in!

I've been trying to use Cubase 12 on my MacBook for a couple of months now, but there are too many idiosyncrasies and I usually revert to V11 on my other Mac. I feel for the Steinberg engineers - they must be under enormous pressure to address bugs at the moment (some users are unhappy being essentially 'Beta' testers). Chances are your issues are due to Cubase; have you tried other VSTs? Do they work ok? I did see another release/patch last week - are you up-to-date (relevant discussion link below).  I personally don't have lag or other strange behaviour with Arturia VSTs, but I'm running Cubase 12 on an Intel-based Mac, and I do have issues with Roland VSTs.

You could also try the Arturia VSTs in the FL Studio trial to see if they have the same issues. If not, it's likely Cubase 12 growing pains.

Good luck!

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubase-12-0-10-performance-issues/780413/140

Omg thank you so much!! Really embarrassing but you were spot on! I hadn’t checked for updates. I updated Cubase 12 now and everything works perfect! It’s hard to put in to words have much you’ve helped me now!  I’m in a recording session these days and on the clock. If it wasn’t for you I would have been so f…. now. I wanna give you a hug man! A million thanks!!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines