March 28, 2024, 03:37:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V Collection updates (MTS-ESP) - get V8 now or wait for V9?  (Read 1124 times)

ericzang

V Collection updates (MTS-ESP) - get V8 now or wait for V9?
« on: March 24, 2022, 10:31:41 am »
Hi, I am considering crossgrading from Pigments to V Collection for the first time, but I'm wondering about the difference if I do it now compared to when V9 is released. One of my main interests is the MTS-ESP microtuning support, which appears to be gradually being added to the individual synths in the collection.

If I purchase V8 now, and later during V9 an update gives MTS-ESP to more synths, will that update apply to the synths I have still under the V8 license? I suppose not, so perhaps I will prefer to wait for more MTS-ESP enabled synths during V9. Although the special price now is $150, I suppose later during a sale for V9 it will be $200. Is it a reasonable deduction to figure that it will cost less at $200, compared to paying $150 for V8 now and later upgrading to V9 for I'm guessing $100?
Thanks.

phase888@gmail.com

Re: V Collection updates (MTS-ESP) - get V8 now or wait for V9?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 05:49:19 pm »
Hi, I am considering crossgrading from Pigments to V Collection for the first time, but I'm wondering about the difference if I do it now compared to when V9 is released. One of my main interests is the MTS-ESP microtuning support, which appears to be gradually being added to the individual synths in the collection.

If I purchase V8 now, and later during V9 an update gives MTS-ESP to more synths, will that update apply to the synths I have still under the V8 license? I suppose not, so perhaps I will prefer to wait for more MTS-ESP enabled synths during V9. Although the special price now is $150, I suppose later during a sale for V9 it will be $200. Is it a reasonable deduction to figure that it will cost less at $200, compared to paying $150 for V8 now and later upgrading to V9 for I'm guessing $100?
Thanks.

If it helps you make your decision, I own Pigments and purchased V8 at on 3/29/2022 - my upgrade price for V9 is $399.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: V Collection updates (MTS-ESP) - get V8 now or wait for V9?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:19:17 pm »
Wait for v11  :P
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines