March 28, 2024, 02:38:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audiofuse Studio - ADAT connected outputs, can they work as the AUX ports (DAW)  (Read 3796 times)

jmelhede

• Apprentice
Hi all
I'm going to connect more than one hardware effect (Reverb and Delay initially) and today I tested one connected to the AUX (source: DAW) as output to the Reverb pedal and then sending the effected signal back into channel 7+8 (stereo effect). This work great with Ableton as I can select both the inputs and outputs even within a return track - perfect so far.
I also have several hardware synths (recent purchases) and need more inputs as well. So my option is to get an ADAT expander device (like the 8pre) which has the capability to receive ADAT signal and send to the output ports on the 8Pre (as example, Scarlett Octopre Dynamic can also work with outputs via ADAT).
BUT the big question is if the ADAT Source selection within Audiofuse Control Center: USB will work as the AUX ports does. For the AUX ports I have selected DAW as source and this works as expected. Anybody knows if choosing USB as source selection will work just like selecting DAW for AUX, as the only likely option for ADAT output would be USB? Even better if you also run Ableton Live?
In on Windows 10 btw.

Thanks in advance.

ps. I have asked Arturia support about this on March 21st, but no usable reply yet. If they answer before anybody in here, I will update this post.

Cheers Jens
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 10:49:37 am by jmelhede »

hattrik

Hi Jens,

I just got this to work with a Focusrite Clarett+ 8pre in Studio One. Setting up in Focusrite Control was not very intuative, and may take some time. Be sure to mute the used ADAT track(s) you use in AudioFuse control center.

Regards, Pascal

jmelhede

• Apprentice
Great and thanks Pascal  :)

What source did you choose in AudioFuse control center, USB or will it say DAW when you have an ADAT expander connected (like AUX outputs)?

Thanks
Jens

ps. Support haven't answered yet with anything usable - just copy paste instructions of how to use AUX, just as I already explained to them works fine for me ;-)

jmelhede

• Apprentice
UPDATE: YES IT WORKS and even with my newly acquired Focusrite Octopre Dynamic (there was no 8Pre to be found across EU, so I went with Focusrite)
Arturia Support haven't been very responsive and haven't even answered this very simple question - but selecting USB as ADAT source for digital output works just the same way as selecting DAW for AUX output on Studio.

Just select ADAT-Line option on Octopre Dynamic frontpanel and let Studio be the Masterclock for ADAT.

IMPORTANT, it will only work with 2 physical TOSLINK fiber cables - one from Studio "optical out" to Octopre "optical in" and the other cable from Studio "optical in" to Octopre "optical out". Also important is the connections you put the cables into (as you probably need the clock to sync over ADAT) - On Studio use the ones marked with "ADAT 1-8 (1-4)" and on Octopre choose the right (seen from the back) TOSLINK connectors for both in and out (marked 1-2, 1-4, 1-8).

That's it - it works great now and you can enjoy both addition 8 inputs and 8 outputs from your DAW - Ableton Live 11 in my case.

Kudos to Focusrite support, you can actually call them and talk to a real person if you need this - an approach Arturia should add to their support option as well. I probably spend 2-3 min on the phone with Focusrite support, when I wanted conformation that Octopre Dynamic was able to send analog output from ADAT sources. To compare it has taken Arturia support more that 2 weeks and still they haven't send me the above resolution, I had to find this myself.....
« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 09:28:38 am by jmelhede »

jmelhede

• Apprentice
 :) I updated my last reply and here you find all the needed info.

BigSmo

Hi guys,
I’ve been searching for a solution to 24 tracks of recording.

Has anyone tried adding 2 x Octa-pre’s to the Audiofuse Studio?

Do you think it would work?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines