March 28, 2024, 09:52:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't get Keylab 49 mkII working with Cubase 12 Elements  (Read 3113 times)

mermantle

Can't get Keylab 49 mkII working with Cubase 12 Elements
« on: March 23, 2022, 11:00:53 am »
Hi There

I've just bought a KeyLab 49 mkII - and seeing that it had a Cubase DAW setting and a template of the transport buttons for Cubase too - I thought it would just magically work really well (like most good products today - they just work out the box). However - I can't get it to work at all...

I'm running Cubase 12 (and 11 Elements) on a Mac (Catalina and Big Sur) - and have tried various settings - but the transport buttons don't work at all and are not illuminated - when I press some of them they trigger a sound (not the desired outcome)!

The faders and knobs also do nothing with the mixer in Cubase - and the main knob doesn't move anything either. Right now I think I've completely been missold this midi controller - it just doesn't work with the latest versions of Cubase.

It is working fine with the VSTs - I have the Arturia V 8.2 collection - so in that mode all is OK. But I bought this to avoid having to use my mouse and keyboard in Cubase too.

All instructions (and screen prints) that Arturia supply are for older versions of Cubase - so not helpful at all - as Cubase has moved on. And all the help I've found on the internet are also outdated. I'm hoping there is someone out there who managed to find a way to get this working - and perhaps they can provide me with some screen prints of their working setup in the various apps - Cubase, Arturia and MacOs Midi too - to save me more frustrating hours - I've already spent one whole day trying to get it to work - and got close to throwing it out the window in frustration!

Very poor customer service too - I sent the same as above to their customer support and they replied with a link to the outdated Cubase version - that I already tried. They need to provide updated support materials for their current range of products for current versions of DAWs that they claim to support. They should have someone in their team getting it to work with the current version of Cubase on Mac and Windows and create some quick step guides on how to get it set up and working - I can't believe they aren't doing this - very bad customer experience. Will not be recommending their products to anyone else on current experience

LBH

Re: Can't get Keylab 49 mkII working with Cubase 12 Elements
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 12:23:47 pm »
Hi,

Setups does'nt change in each version of DAWs. I don't think Cubases have been changed. So old instructions is still valid.

There are many threads with posts that have the info and/ or link below. The Link is from Arturia FAQ.

Beside setting up the controller as a keyboard in your DAW, then have you set the controller up as a DAW controller like this:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405748362002-KeyLab-MkII-Tips-Tricks
Read the notes at the end of the guide carefully. Especially if you are on Windows.
If this does'nt work then try Mackie HUI instead of MCU.

Be sure you don't have any midi feedback with your setups.

Have you tried this? You don't tell !

I don't use Cubase.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 12:35:02 pm by LBH »

ecellode

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 04:45:49 pm »
Sorry,
I do have the same problems.
Before Cubase 12 I used Cubase 11 with y mini Mac 2018 - Catalina.
Now I'm using a Mini Mac 2020 M1 Silikon (no intel). The DAW settings for Cubase on my MK49II Midi Keyboard do not run. I was forced to use on of the user modes (for Example User mode1 ) so, that the new midi remote controll of cubase was able to be programmed. The Faders now run, so as the track and Global controll.
But my TRANSPORT Buttons can not be activated and programmed with the midi remote controll of cubase. Even the can not be chandged with the Arturia Midi controll center. The only support informations I got are: using Mackie controll in cubase an changing F1,F2,F3,F4 category and commands as shown in an old documentation. If I do this, nothing works at all. Then the VST Instruments are chrashing. I was searching for an answer - reinstalling the old Mac and now the new one. Nothing changed. I also tried rosetta mode. No results. I am also disappointed that the Drum pads are not working anymore also the the accord mode for pads do not have and function in cubase 12. I am still waiting for an improvement.

ProgGary

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 12:06:50 pm »
Hi, I too have the exact same issues as above and am still trying to sort this mess out also. It may help to have a look in the Arturia Keylab Mk II User Manual at section 2.6 Analog Lab/DAW/User Modes (pg14?) section, as it informs us that some controls are hard wired and can't be over written/changed etc. Other than this, I did get the transport controllers working once, but its now messed up again. On track 1 I constantly have my pan to the left and it won't centre any more. The other tracks below work fine with panning, just stuffed on track 1 for some reason!

« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 12:11:33 pm by ProgGary »

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 09:08:52 am »
Been using KeyLab Mk2 since Cubase 10.5 Pro (now Cubase 12 Pro) & everything works fine.

I have simply used the settings as described on their website (under "Tips & Tricks"). Mackie MCU.

ProgGary

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 02:02:32 pm »
I managed to get it all working using the steps in Tips & Tricks. All good now.

rweisman

• Apprentice
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 06:00:25 am by rweisman »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines