April 26, 2024, 12:32:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Annoying click when Filter is closed.  (Read 1359 times)

matabata

• Apprentice
Annoying click when Filter is closed.
« on: March 23, 2022, 09:22:35 am »
Hello!
if i press a key with lp filter open, release note, close fiter all way down and press key again, there is a a short annoying attack even when amp env attack is set to quarter way up. it is gone after press key again. this is the only synth wich is behaving like this.Sounds like filter resets after press key.
Ableton 10 with win pc.

LBH

Re: Annoying click when Filter is closed.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 12:13:04 pm »
Copy paste from my reply #11 to your similar post in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=109059.0#msg189167

I don't know about other synths on this, but i can confirm Pigments does this, and that's not good.
Pigments also have some random clicks that's hard to explain, and perhaps that's about the same.
Perhaps it's the same thing that cause louder clicks, that it have to be.
I do think there is room for improvement regarding clicks in Pigments, even if some amount of click is normal when the gate opens and closes.

matabata

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 02:54:37 pm »
Hello.
I just discovered that it is just happening, when i close filter with the mouse or via midikeyboard. It does not occure when playing via midiclip with automation. Send a ticket to support already. Have a nice weekend out there.

matabata

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 07:40:40 pm »
Hello again.
Im a bit disapointed about arturia support- fell like treated a small kid.I send them a preset and got preset back with attack of 171 ms wich is okay for pad but not bass or lead.
You should check your settings etc. WTF
The not even mentioned the problem itself and i dont think it is getting solved any time.

LBH

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 09:15:14 pm »
Hi matabata,

I'm sorry to hear that.
It sound like the issue have'nt been understood. Perhaps you need to be persistant.

As far as i recall, then no other Arturia synth have this issue.
The issue is there can be a very audioble click, when there should be no sound at all.

Having to set a very high and not reasonable attack and release time actually is'nt a fix for any issue. Not even for a "normal" click, when gates open and closes.

Arturia i think it's in your intererest to correct this.

matabata - feel free to post this following instructions to Arturia support. I would say it should help to test correct.

Arturia try this:
1. Select "New preset" in Pigments menu.
2. Turn down the F1 Cutoff fully. -  Just after creating the preset - Before you play any notes.
3. Play a note on a controller. As exspected you hear no click. - (Don't use the GUI keyboard, when you test this issue.)

Then  try this:
1. Select "New preset" in Pigments menu.
2. play a note on a controller.
3. Turn down the F1 Cutoff fully.
4. play a note on a controller again. Now you very unexspected might hear a click, when there should'nt be no sound at all. Sometimes there can be clicks several notes after you have turned down the filter fully. At some point the click stop, when you keep playing notes. NOTE: Sometimes you can exsperience there will be no click at all.
The click is sometimes louder than other times.

If and when you hear no clciks, then re-test by setting the cutoff to fully play a note on your controller, and then turn down the filter fully again before you play notes again on your controller.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 09:19:05 pm by LBH »

matabata

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2022, 02:51:55 pm »
Hello LBH.
Thanks for your kind move, looks like ive got a private secretary!!
I posted them your text.
Have a nice weekend!
IŽll keep you updated.

matabata

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2022, 06:49:12 pm »
Hi.
Just got a e mail from support.

Thank you for your reply
I have made the test and you are right, I can hear the click if I close the cutoff filter after playing one note.
I've passed this on to the DevTeam so they can take a look into it.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

So we will see!

LBH

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2022, 07:31:59 pm »
Hi,

Great matabata. At least it's confirmed and passed to the devs now.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines