March 28, 2024, 06:40:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Download goes back to "paused" or "update"  (Read 8915 times)

Juhana

Download goes back to "paused" or "update"
« on: March 21, 2022, 08:35:32 pm »
I have this kind of issue:

I press "update all" or any of the updating or installing buttons you have in "My updates" -tab in ASC and always it goes back saying again "paused" or "update". It starts to download but then it come back and thats it. I have contacted to support 3 days ago and they have not answered yet. I gonna put soon video on Youtube where I can show this issue because I see no one even believes this kind of issue exists. This is super annoying. I would like to get any support. Thank you.

nay-seven

Re: Download goes back to "paused" or "update"
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 10:19:27 am »
Hello,

I had the same problem with the updates, once downloaded, the Mac security asked me for my system password and then switched to pause mode.

I've been looking for a way to change this in my ASC preferences and it's been working ever since.

Hopefully this helps someone else

The Rocker

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 05:22:13 pm »
I have this kind of issue:

I press "update all" or any of the updating or installing buttons you have in "My updates" -tab in ASC and always it goes back saying again "paused" or "update". It starts to download but then it come back and thats it. I have contacted to support 3 days ago and they have not answered yet. I gonna put soon video on Youtube where I can show this issue because I see no one even believes this kind of issue exists. This is super annoying. I would like to get any support. Thank you.

2 months ago you had this issue. Did you get it fixed by chance ?
I have the exact same thing.

So I went to the site to download direct, the certificate is incorrect, and is not https secure.
So I deleted the "s" and used http instead of https and the download started from the site.

So the ASC is not going to work with an incorrect sub-domain certificate security issue.

I'm not web site developer, but I know a little.

Windows Protocol stopping the ASC for Site certificate is likely.
Tried 3 browsers, so I don't think the browser was the issue, but the System.
So I DIsabled Nortons Security / Firewall with no change.

So after the access of the bad Site, changing to http and allowed download, I opened ASC and download started working.

ASC is not placing each download in its Folder ! (Note this is only with Analoglab V
Glad I am watching the download folders,,,

Going to have to download one at a time, place in folder, before allowing Install.
Might have to Manual Install, since ASC might not see the files once moved.
Kinda nuts since the App is not working properly with a couple functions.

And this Forum Software is refreshing causing typing to stop.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 05:38:50 pm by The Rocker »
Win8 Pro 64 sp1, i7 3770 Ivy, 32GB ram, 3.0 & 2.0 usb
Vista HomePrem 64 sp2, i7 920 Sandy, 12GB ram, 2.0 usb ....
Studio One 2 Pro latest ver.
AudioBox 44 VSL -

Jo Hendricks

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 06:45:48 pm »
I'm having the same issues on a 250MBit connection. Download starts immediately, says 'installing' straight away and ends up in a paused state so that I have to click 'update all' again - which I did initially already. It's frustratingly annoying to come back later and discover you have to watch the screen to be present in order to press update all again if you wish to work with the updated versions. I had this once on a much slower line where the update process took a WHOLE DAY!!! I had hoped this issue would be fixed by now. Take a look at the NI service center 'Native Access' or maybe ask those guys how they did it. The NI Updates NEVER hang, no problems so far. EVER.

Davideffy

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 09:50:28 pm »
Driving me mad.  won't install just keeps pausing.  Im on Mac m1 did anyone solve this?

Bennie Moore

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2023, 05:17:46 pm »
For Mac computer, Check Privacy and Security under Systems Settings and grant full disk access to Arturia Software Center and com. Arturia.

eardrummerjbo

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 04:03:49 am »
Same issue here! Where tf is tech support?? They take a week to give a non-helpful suggestion. In my case at least.

curbit

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 06:41:43 pm »
This is driving me mad.  And on mac m1 latest operating it's not an option to just allow access under security settings.  Does anyone actually know how to stop it pausing every few seconds - DRIVING ME INSANE

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2023, 10:01:52 am »
It's best to just download the apps separately from the downloads area, and install them manually
Yes it will take you ages, but blame Crapple, not Arturia.
With every MacOS update, Crapple are purposefully making it harder and harder for third-party developers / software houses to install and update any software that you didn't purchase and install via the Apple App Store.
The official line is, it's to protect your security.
The real reason is, they take 30% of the selling price of App Store apps.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

gavinreign

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 04:14:01 am »
First time posting here, so be kind.

PRETTY SURE I FIXED IT (Mac Users only):

System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access

UNLOCK TO MAKE CHANGES (of course).

There are TWO items that need access enabled:
1. Arturia Software Center
2. com.Arturia.InstallHelper (this was NOT enabled when I noticed the issue)

I hope this helps...anyone!

---
MacOS Big Sur 11.7.1, iMac 8-Core Intel Core i9 3.6 GHz, 128GB RAM, Arturia V Collection 8

RJones

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 02:58:04 pm »
@gavinreign thanks this worked for me.  :)

Tras Simmer

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2023, 08:45:50 am »
@gavinreign - had to post just to add thanks - this was driving me mad, but that solved the issue!  Cheers.

to1pro

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2023, 11:55:43 pm »
@gavinreign You just stopped me from blowing my brains out :) Thank you SO much! This worked for me, as well. After I finished downloading everything I went back into system preferences and unchecked the items for Arturia (since they were unchecked to begin with). The next time I need to update or download a new Arturia product I will go back in and check them again, then uncheck them when I'm finished. You're awesome Gavin!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines