April 19, 2024, 04:01:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Audofuse MacBook Pro connectivity  (Read 4084 times)

TyReBo

Audofuse MacBook Pro connectivity
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:03:49 am »
What might be recommended for connecting the Audiofuse to a new M1 MacBook Pro w/ OS12.2? Until now I used an older MacBook with no problems, powered, with the double USB cable. But the new one has only thunderbolt/USB4 connectivity. I just tried the supplied double cable, only the thicker cable, with an adapter, USB to thunderbolt/USB4, powered. LogicProX recorded intermittently, with starts and stops, even the click was intermittent, and the cpu jammed up a few times. Clearly this is not workable. Is there a different Arturia double cable available to use with a newer Powerbook, or some sort of more robust adapter situation I should get?
Thank you

tonysenghore

• Apprentice
Re: Audofuse MacBook Pro connectivity
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 11:19:41 pm »
I really don't think it is possible. At least I haven't found any information about how it would be. It's a very bad situation, tickets have been of no help at all. Totally worthless actually.
My 16" M1X macbook pro has not worked with Audiofuse, or even been recognized by the computer.
I'm starting to think that they buy good reviews in the press and fake good user feedback. Can't figure out any other reason why they would lock forums and make it almost impossible to contact them (or even post on this forum).

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 09:12:17 am »
I'm starting to think that they buy good reviews in the press and fake good user feedback.
M1 Mac user here. While I feel your frustration, obviously you must realise your accusation is not true. Whole swathes of Windows users and Intel Mac users using USB B have no issues, and they will form the biggest cohort of customers, like 98%+, including most of the reviewers.

I've had similar hurdles with other (non-Arturia) hardware which to be frank has made me wish I'd waited about 4-5 years before transitioning from Intel Macs to M-series Macs. For creators like ourselves who rely on our computers working well with external hardware, it's a minefield because some third-party stuff works, while others do not, often totally at random it seems, and it takes years for all the developers to catch up.

EDIT: Maybe Arturia need to put up a warning on their website that Audiofuse is not 100% compatible with USB C devices yet, especially Apple Silicon Macs.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 01:37:20 pm by MajorFubar »
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

tonysenghore

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 04:31:17 pm »
The problem is that when you submit a ticket the support just lie to your face and say it's working. I've spoken to a few other users that have gone M1 and nobody has gotten it to work!
Why get people to spend time on something that obviously does not work.
Spend customer's time - to win time?
IDK. I'm upset because it was supposed to work and it just doesn't. I've spent at least a couple hundred on cables to work around it plus the time and lost work is just insane.

Arturia is epirically a shitty company. Universal Audio is the best i've encountered and i cry blood every day just because I tried anything else. <3

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 12:26:12 pm »
Insert the audio outline from the speakers into the headphone jack of the Macbook. If the line is not a 3.5 mm jack, connect it to 3.5 mm adapter and then connect the adapter to the Macbook.
What do you think plugging the audio output from one device into the audio output of another device will achieve other than potentially frying one or both circuits. Do not do this.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines