April 26, 2024, 05:14:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connecting Audiofuse 8pre to Audiofuse Studio  (Read 3319 times)

robinf

• Apprentice
Connecting Audiofuse 8pre to Audiofuse Studio
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:45:41 am »
Hi! I use Audiofuse Studio as my interface and have connected the 8pre as an ADAT expander. So I was wondering, are there any benefits of connecting both devices via USB? I have read that if you connect two 8pre devices with USB they act as one audio interface in the AFCC and you get 16 analog inputs. Is this not the case with Studio and 8pre? All I see in the AFCC is 8 ADAT inputs for the 8pre, so it seems it doesn't see both devices as one audio interface, but rather sees the 8pre as just any ADAT expander. Am I missing something or is this just a feature for two 8pre devices?

robinf

• Apprentice
Re: Connecting Audiofuse 8pre to Audiofuse Studio
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 07:58:31 am »
Wait a minute.. I just noticed that I can change between the Studio and 8pre in the AFCC at the top of the window. I somehow assumed that both devices would be on the same screen, but now that I discovered this, it makes more sense to have them separate. So my bad ':D

But anyhow back to my first question. Are there any benefits for having also the 8pre connected via USB? (other then being able to control the device from the computer)

As a newbie Audiofuse user, any other tips and tricks would also be much appreciated!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 11:12:28 am by robinf »

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 01:16:11 pm »
Hello, and welcome on Arturia forum.

You're right, for your setup, the only benefits to have the 8Pre connected to the computer using USB is to configure it through the AFCC.
It's not mandatory at all especially because you can access the ADAT channels gains/pan/mute/solo directly in the AF Studio mixer if you need to, and the 8Pre Inputs all have physical controls on the hardware device.

So if you use the 8Pre as an ADAT expander, and you confident that you will not need to often change the 8Pre settings, feel free to unplug the USB from it :)

robinf

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 07:44:45 am »
Hello, and welcome on Arturia forum.

You're right, for your setup, the only benefits to have the 8Pre connected to the computer using USB is to configure it through the AFCC.
It's not mandatory at all especially because you can access the ADAT channels gains/pan/mute/solo directly in the AF Studio mixer if you need to, and the 8Pre Inputs all have physical controls on the hardware device.

So if you use the 8Pre as an ADAT expander, and you confident that you will not need to often change the 8Pre settings, feel free to unplug the USB from it :)

Thank you for your reply and the info! Good to know :)

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2022, 08:32:11 am »
Hello Joseph,

It is possible to route different SW intputs to the analog outputs, but unfortunately the 8Pre does not come with a fully customizable routing.

You will find attached the possible routing found in the AFCC manual (https://downloads.arturia.net/products/afcc/manual/AFCC_Manual_2_1_3_EN.pdf / chapter 5.3.3 and 5.3.4).
Note that CueMix is a customizable mixer where you can put any inputs that you'd like.

Have a great day.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 01:36:03 pm by TimArturia »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines