April 25, 2024, 06:13:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PB Sequencer Clock Out but no MIDI Notes Out...Possible?  (Read 1058 times)

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
PB Sequencer Clock Out but no MIDI Notes Out...Possible?
« on: March 20, 2022, 04:23:25 pm »
Hi all,

My PB is the master kybd for my midi system.  Is it possible for it to send out the sequencer clock without sending out the MIDI notes defined in that sequence yet still play those notes locally?  For example, I'd like my PB to play a 4 step sequence with a bass note on the 1st beat.  I'd like my Quantum to receive the BPM and start message from the PB triggering the 2 sequencers on the Quantum (1 for each layer) but not have the Quantum play any of the notes defined on the PB.  The goal is to have all 3 sequencers set to different step lengths and generate some crazy polyrhythms with the PB playing a bass part and the Quantum playing a drum & synth pad layer. 

I have the Quantum successfully playing a polyrhythm on it's 2 independent step length sequencers with a different patch for each layer/sequencer but it would add an extra level of crazy to integrate the PB sequencer into this party  ;D

Thanks!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
Re: PB Sequencer Clock Out but no MIDI Notes Out...Possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2022, 11:06:59 pm »
In Settings/MIDI  there is the "Arp/Seq MIDI out" parameter - try that one. Alternatively you could change the MIDI Channel for the lower sequenced part to avoid triggering any notes anywhere.

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2022, 10:11:47 pm »
Thanks!  Turning off the PB "Arp/Seq MIDI out" parameter along with setting the Quantum to listen for an external clock did the trick.  Starting the PB sequencer starts both Quantum sequencers so all 3 are in sync - and of course running at whatever BPM the PB is set at - yet the Quantum ignores all PB note messages.  Just laid the groundwork for a piece where the PB is playing a Taurus bass pedal pattern in 14/8, Quantum layer 1 is playing a drum pattern in 15/8 while Quantum layer 2 plays a synth part in 27/8  8)

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 03:14:52 pm »
Cool! Perhaps we'll get to hear that track :)

WytchCrypt

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 11:22:51 pm »
Cool! Perhaps we'll get to hear that track :)

The track is done but it includes an audio sample I don't own the rights to (an interview clip from the History Channel show "Ancient Aliens") so I can't post it on a public site.  If you'd like to hear it, PM your email addy and I'll send you the mp3  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines