April 20, 2024, 12:56:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knobs change value 0 and 50 only on keylab 61 mkII  (Read 818 times)

FredjeFre

Knobs change value 0 and 50 only on keylab 61 mkII
« on: March 20, 2022, 12:12:05 pm »
If you look at the video in the attachment on the bottom left, you see me turning the knob sightly on my Keylab 61 mkII, but Cubase only changes values 0 and 50. I have checked Midi Control Center and I couldn't find anything wrong. Also it is the same outside Cubase. I have tried it with just Analog Lab 4 without Cubase, and it is the same problem.

Does anyone know a solution? Thanks in advance.

amonti

• Apprentice
Re: Knobs change value 0 and 50 only on keylab 61 mkII
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2022, 06:50:51 pm »
Dirty encoder? Can you reassign that parameter, or assign another parameter to that encoder to test?

There are many reports on dirty/faulty encoders causing these sorts of issues. Here's one post I found:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=94514.msg154736#msg154736

But there are many others. If it's just an issue with that particular encoder (make sure you turn and slide others to ensure it's not another encoder messing up the control data stream), check if it's under warranty. If it's out of warranty and you've isolated the issue to just that encoder, try the following steps:

1. If you're lucky it's 'moveable' dust, remove the knob and spray compressed air at the base of the encoder while wiggling and turning to dislodge dust on the encoder/ring.
2. If that doesn't work, buy a no-residue electronic contact cleaner and spray that in the same fashion.
3. If that doesn't work, buy a lubricating cleaner and spray sparingly over the course of a couple of days to avoid soaking your boards (or worse, LCD) in oil.
4. If that doesn't work, then either replace the encoder or map around it and hope that the encoder doesn't start interfering with controls streams (keys not working, random notes firing, other jumpy sliders and knobs, etc.)

Hope this helps!

Edit: I should add the 'traditional' did you completely factory reset the KeyLab, but I usually assume that people have tried that step first
« Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 06:56:33 pm by amonti »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines