April 19, 2024, 11:43:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Assigning different chords and chord types to the note keys?  (Read 783 times)

petman

Assigning different chords and chord types to the note keys?
« on: March 14, 2022, 04:59:08 pm »
Dear Arturia!

I'm interested about a feature only shown in this video (can't find this in the manual):
Chords with Scale Quantizer Demo > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-59bXqFVMf8

The video shows how to play different chord types on different notes (after selecting a scale). These chords are corresponding to the selected scale. 
Then, if I change the chord type (when pressing one note/chord), all the other chord (type) changes in the scale so every chord (assigned to the scale notes) changes.

This feature is not documented in the manual. Could you provide me more information about this?

I bought this MIDI keyboard mainly to use the one note - one chord feature.
I thought I can assign (select) custom chord types to any key. But no, either I can use the same chord type to every key or different chord types are assigned as per the selected scale (what I wrote above!). But I cannot assign (for example) a C major to C, then a D minor to D, then a Esus to the E and an Foct to the F note.

So can you help me with some more info about this?  What are the rules of the chord assignment when selecting a scale AND changing the chord type? Is there a way for the user to customize the chord assignment more?

Waiting on your response.
Thanks, best regards!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:56:31 am by petman »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines