March 28, 2024, 12:56:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Using Control Knobs of Keystep 37 in Ableton Live  (Read 3830 times)

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Using Control Knobs of Keystep 37 in Ableton Live
« on: March 14, 2022, 10:40:58 am »

I manage to control arturia software synths with Keystep 37. Now I want to use the "Midi-Learn" function within Ableton live.

If I go in the Midi-Assign-Mode (Midi Learn) within Ableton and chose some control within my instrument channel nothing happens. Usually it should learn the control immediately and then it is assigned. I use this with other controllers without a problem.

I use Keystep 37 via USB and have it set to USB...

I tried to change Midi Channel and CC-Numbers in Control Center Software. But no change...

What am I doing wrong? Any ideas on this?

winihh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Using Control Knobs of Keystep 37 in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 11:50:06 am »

Solved:

You have to select "Remote" in and out in Ableton for the Keystep.

...I turned that off for a reason. Sync In should be "off" because othewise the Arp on Keystep will start automatically when starting Ableton.

Works perfect now...

KBryantmvp

Re: Using Control Knobs of Keystep 37 in Ableton Live
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2022, 05:18:03 am »
Hello,

I have the same issue. I would like to use my knobs to map them to certain knobs on my VST to do some automation, but I don't know how to do that.

I click on MIDI Map Mode, then click the on the knob I want to map, then I rotate any of my arturia knobs and it does not do the mapping.

What settings do I have to have selected both on Ableton and the MIDI Control Center?

Thank you,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines