April 19, 2024, 07:45:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Aftertouch sensitivity not right  (Read 1467 times)

krisbg

Aftertouch sensitivity not right
« on: March 13, 2022, 11:03:21 pm »
Hello!
The other day I received a brand new KeyLab 61 MKII, and it is a great controller, but aftertouch sensitivity is not OK to my opinion. It is quite jumpy - goes very abruptly from zero to max both audible and in the recorded MIDI messages. Also, applying the three different velocity curves from MIDI Control Center doesn't make any effect on AT sensitivity. Finally, white keys seem more sensitive than black keys - the same was noticeable in Hydrasynth, but they fixed it with firmware update and different curves for white and black keys. Here I made a comparison between KeyLab 61 MKII, KeyStep, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MKII and Behringer Deepmind 12 keyboard. What you see are the aftertouch messages recorded by Cubase for each of them. It is clearly visible that KeyLab's AT is very jumpy and not smooth - too few intermediate steps, the curve looks almost like a pulse. On the other end is Deepmind's AT which seems quite smooth and close to sine wave. Komplete Kontrol is second best, and even KeyStep is better than KeyLab, although not perfect. You can see also that exponential and logarithmic curves don't make any change in KeyLab. Do I have a defective unit, or all KeyLabs behave this way? I would say that the AT is almost unusable.

P.S. Latest firmware on both KeyLab and KeyStep. The example MIDI messages are recorded with USB MIDI, Windows 10, Cubase 12

lightheart

Re: Aftertouch sensitivity not right
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 04:50:21 am »
I find it interesting that on a lot of these threads where users are having issues, there are no responses...? I've been researching this aftertouch sensitivity issue for 2 hours and am having a very difficult time finding any information on it. Does Arturia want to make a statement? Seems a lot of people are having an issue.

KnobbyD

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2022, 05:24:16 pm »
I have the same issue with aftertouch sensitivity. Have not found any such settings anywhere. Feels like I have to muscle the keyboard to the point I fear I’m going to break something.

jezric

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 11:30:38 pm »
I see this thread is somewhat old. But same issue here. It's extremely abrupt, next to impossible to get anything between off and full on. :(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines