March 28, 2024, 11:05:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Virtual Input Separation in Minifuse Control Center  (Read 1401 times)

iceTEAcube

• Apprentice
Virtual Input Separation in Minifuse Control Center
« on: March 10, 2022, 11:11:34 am »
One feature I would like to see is that you can virtually separate the hardware inputs, in my case the Minifuse 2, in the Minifuse Control Center. Instead of heaving my Mic and Guitar output simultaneously into a software, that I could choose between Input 1, Input 2 and Input 1&2 for different applications.

This would allow me to send just my mic signal to the chat app Discord without a guitar signal. This way I could play guitar with effects during a call without my voice being audible in the effects software or DAW. Plus my call partner wouldn't hear the guitar (which would be without any effects anyways...).

I actually bought this Audio Interface because I thought it would already give me this option. So I am kinda disappointed :(
The Minifuse 2 is my first Audio interface, so I am fairly new to all of this. So there is a possibility that this feature already exists and I missed something.

thomas.barbier

• Administrator
Re: Virtual Input Separation in Minifuse Control Center
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 12:30:32 pm »
Hi,

the inputs and outputs are correctly enumerated in the main audio drivers (coreAudio, wasapi, wave, asio4all, directX, and the minifuse asio driver of course). The ability for the user to choose separate inputs lies to the application.

However there's software able to digitally route your audio sources from an application to another :
VoiceMeeter (Windows)
Jack (Windows / Mac)
iShowU Audio Capture (Mac only)
Soundflower (Mac only)
Black Hole (Mac only)
Rogue Amoeba Loopback (Mac only)

iceTEAcube

• Apprentice
Re: Virtual Input Separation in Minifuse Control Center
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 02:04:19 pm »
Hey,
First of all, thank you so much for the fast reply!

I dug a bit deeper and also found out that VoiceMeeter will be a requirement for my usecase. I have now set up everything via VoiceMeeter Banana and it all works how I intended it to work! :)
And thanks to you I also now get how these ASIO drivers etc. work.

Thanks again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines