March 29, 2024, 08:46:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Global morphee scan/hold setting  (Read 1161 times)

zootermac

• Apprentice
Global morphee scan/hold setting
« on: March 08, 2022, 09:17:43 am »
A global rather than per preset makes more sense, or at least to have the option.

It would help those of us who like to work with scan/hold morphee adjustments by saving the need to go in and change it every time a new preset is loaded.

emanuelsj

• Apprentice
Re: Global morphee scan/hold setting
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:33:01 am »
I strongly support this enhancement request. When I perform using only the PolyBrute and not the other synthesizers, I want  to be able to use my both hands on the keyboard and morph or alter the sound using the ribbon between the bass notes, which is perfectly feasible in hold mode. Now when I browse the patches and I stop on a specific one, I must always dive into the settings to manually change the morphee/ribbon settings, which is really annoying. A global setting would fit the user's style and make the synth easier and more pleasant for use. Thank you!

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 11:33:12 am »
While I can see the issue for you guys, global overrides for performance controls could get out of hand, seeing as there are many parameters and different people would place different importance on the various ones.

No need to change this each time the patch is loaded though. It's quick to change the morphee mode and save back the patch - a one time operation for each patch you're going to use. That's what I do if I have a strong preference for some settings.

emanuelsj

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 03:22:55 pm »
While I can see the issue for you guys, global overrides for performance controls could get out of hand, seeing as there are many parameters and different people would place different importance on the various ones.

No need to change this each time the patch is loaded though. It's quick to change the morphee mode and save back the patch - a one time operation for each patch you're going to use. That's what I do if I have a strong preference for some settings.

Thanks for your fast reply, DrJustice! If it's difficult to implement, I think I can live with the workaround you suggested. But if the default settings can be modified, I continue to support a global override option for the morphee/ribbon behavior since the whole idea of these features is to provide a higher performance control, while the control is exactly what's missing with the current behavior. Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines