April 25, 2024, 08:31:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MiniLab Mk II not showing in Cubase Pro 12 MIDI Remote not behaving as expected  (Read 4693 times)

Event2020

• Apprentice
Cubase Pro 12
Windows 10

The MiniLab Mk II is supposed to be natively supported in the new Cubase Pro 12 via its MIDI Remote panel.

Arturia is one of the few companys who supplied a script to Steinberg to allow this and, with the MK II connected, a graphical representation of the MK II is supposed to appear in the MIDI Remote, which allows users to remap what the controls on the Keylab do.

This is not working for me, my Minilab MK II Is connected , with limited useability, and does not show in the MIDI Remote and will not load the Arturia supplied script.

The MiniLab is my main controller and I use it everyday so for it to not work is affecting my work badly.

Any help Arturia please?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 07:43:34 pm by Event2020 »

buttons_upon_buttons

You seem to be using the terms "MiniLab" and "KeyLab" interchangeably, but these are separate product lines. As far as I know, Cubase 12 doesn't yet have native KeyLab support.

Here's how I got my KeyLab's controller to work in Cubase 12 (and before that, version 11):
-open MIDI Control Center (Arturia app)
-go to device settings tab (top right) > Daw Map > set to "default HUI"
-close MCC
-open Cubase, go to studio setup > add device > Mackie HUI
-set Midi input and Midi output to MIDIIN2 (KEYLAB MKII 61) and MIDIOUT2 (KEYLAB MKII 61), respectively
-ensure keyboard is in "DAW Standard HUI" mode

mermantle

This didn't work for me - trying to get DAW functionality working with Cubase 12 Elements on Mac OS Catalina. Analog lab all working well with VSTs - but no transport and no lights on transport buttons, no other DAW buttons working or faders and pots for Mixer in cubase - nothing. Have tried Cubase DAW and Mackie HUI - and followed the instruction above

This feels like a big waste of money right now - I was assured integration with Cubase was good before buying the product. There must be some good instructions somewhere for owners to follow to get his set up right?

Starise

• Apprentice
I was able to get mine working using @buttons_upon_buttons advice. Thanks!

I still have a few weird things going on though, like one of my tracks keeps going back to far left panning for no apparent reason and I can't toggle my master fader. The other faders, knobs and buttons seem to work.
I found out the Cubase overlay is the same as the identification on the keyboard, so no need for it really. I suspect since I am on a PC and the last poster is on a Mac, this might make a difference.

The other poster is correct, the only templates in Cubase 12 midi remote as of now are Keylab essentials scripts. Nothing for MKII. I started building my own script in midi remote. I would like to take advantage of those 16 pads for additional DAW control. Imagine the possibilities. I'm ok for now though with what I have.

I like the center large knob control for location, but it is so s-l-o-w. Does anyone know of a way to make it faster? It isn't much use to me now since I can move the position marker faster with my mouse.
In  MUI  and Cubase mode I was getting all sorts of odd things, tracks were detuning and jumping from one track to another. Moving a fader also moved the pitch control.

shadokorama@gmail.com

• Apprentice
Hi Starise,

Exact Same problem as you. MackieHUI solution works but for an unknown reason I keep send/receive midi CC16 on channel 1. Unfortunately, those midi messages are mapped, in the Arturia midi conrol center, to the to right knob (the one that is actually doing nothing in Cubase). Outside Cubase, no problem. It seems to me that Cubase is polling the midi controler for CC16 value about every 500ms. You can see that in cubase in the midi activity monitor on the bottom right corner.

I've just open a support Request to Cubase tech support.

Anyone having the same issue ?

shadokorama@gmail.com

• Apprentice
Well,

Steinberg support has reply : there is a new maintenance update for cubase 12 : 12.0.20. I tried it : it's not better.
Since last time : I've found a workaround : checking the "use winRT" box in the studio>midi settings. It's better, but when recording a midi track, cubase add CC15, CC47 signal to the track by itself, even if I just use keys and no CC controls ...

I'll reply to cubase tech support and I'll post here just in case someone has the same issue.

Ciro Costabile

Thank you @buttons_upon_buttons, your solution worked for my issue as well!

Susan

Based on advice from Arturia tech support, I was able to get everything (Keylab mkII 49 and Cubase 12.0.51 pro on Mac Studio M1) playing well together.

Some advice: the cable supplied is usb-b to usb-a and needs to plugged directly into the computer. It handles both the power and the data functions. You won't need any other cables. You don't want any other cables unless you use the adapter that they supply in order to get your power through a different option. If you want to plug the keyboard into a focusrite or something like that, I'd suggest contacting support, as I'm not using one, so have no advice.

I've recommended they update the tips and tricks document as that was woefully lacking compared to the helpfulness of the response to me about my situation. If you are stuck and want a copy of my email thread from them, please reply with your email and I'll forward it to you and save you some back-and-forth. Now that it's working, it's quite a nice little setup.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines