March 29, 2024, 10:15:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can I export or save an Analog Lab V preset to use in Farfisa V directly  (Read 1366 times)

Glas11

• Apprentice
I've edited an Analog Lab V Farfisa preset (the Cheesy Leslie 2 Combo Organ by Theo Niessink which I like very much) which I've been using in a track in Live.

I've tried using both "export" and "save as" to punt my edited version somewhere in order to use it directly in the Farfisa V on my track instead.

But I don't seem to see it either way within Farfisa V.

When I export from Analog Lab V it gives it the filetype .labx and it seems Farfisa expectes to see .farx

When I save-as it doesn't appear in the Farfisa V browser.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or maybe this just isn't possible?

I'm fairly new to the V Collection but not Arturia.

Help please.

LBH

Hi,

That depend.

There are parameters that belong to Analog Lab (AL). They have to be saved as AL presets.
But a great strength in Arturias preset system is you actually can use presets saved in Analog Lab in the individual applications and vice versa.
ALs Effects and ALs Master volume in example is AL parameters. So use the Effects and Master Volume that belong to the individual application, if you wan't to save those parameters in the original individual applications format.

If you edit parameters belonging to Analog Lab and you use "Save Preset As", then you will see the text "Save As Analog Lab Preset". This will save the preset as a Analog lab preset.
If you only edit parameters not belonging to Analog Lab, then when you use "Save Preset As", then you will see the text "Save As". This will save the preset as a Farfisa preset - in this case. You can open it in Farfisa V right away.

When you are in a Multi Preset, then you in the 3 dots menu above the instrument image can save Part 1 and Part 2 as the individual application presets. But not with parameters belonging to a Analog Lab preset.

The important thing is that If you wan't to save parameters that belong to the Analog Lab application, then the preset need to be saved as a Analog Lab preset. In all other cases the preset can be saved as a preset belongung to the original application, and thus is availble and can be used in the individual application too right away.

Glas11

• Apprentice
Ah, I see.
Yes, I have changed parameters that are part of ALV and so I'm only being offered Save as ALV Preset.
This makes perfect sense.
Thanks LBH.

LBH

Your welcome Glas11,

Keep in mind, that if you make a multi with the single preset, then you will be able to save the preset by it self, but without the used Analog Lab parameters.
I can't see why this is'nt possible with a single preset, but have to create a Multi first. To me that's an oversight.

Glas11

• Apprentice
I will check that out, thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines