March 29, 2024, 06:38:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any new firmware update soon?  (Read 4465 times)

christophet

• Apprentice
Any new firmware update soon?
« on: March 01, 2022, 08:24:18 pm »
Is there any chance to see a new firmware update soon? It’s been a while since the last one has been released…

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: Any new firmware update soon?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 09:44:21 am »
To fix something specifically, or what?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

christophet

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 03:40:21 pm »
Waiting for:

• A control track per track like it was stated in the manual when I bought it and not a global control track with only 5 controls to share between the 4 sequencer tracks.
  • A way to specify the tempo per pattern or per scene (if it makes more sense).
  • A way to send program change per pattern.
  • A way to record aftertouch, pitch bend and mod wheel.

I am not expecting to see everything implemented but at least some of the items.

marcel-x

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 09:26:33 pm »
I’m waiting for some bugs fixed!  >:(
But I fear bug tracking is too much asked for Arturia!

Mail send on 30 October 2021
Hello José,

I disagree to have my technical support request #734129, being merged and closed with technical support request #734127.

Despite both are about the KEYSTEP PRO and filled on the same day by the same person, these bugs are very likely NOT RELATED and definitely NOT A BEATSTEP PRO!

The reason I filled 2 separate requests is because the developers can address the different issues separately in their bug tracker.

Here is the issue again:
Saving patterns or projects during live performance, produces audible hiccups in the sequence playback.

I hope you will read this message more closely and direct it to the developers to address this bug in a future firmware.

Best regards,
Marcel

Answer on 1 November 2021
Hello Marcel

Sorry I thought you were referring to the BeatStep Pro because you select it on the form, but I see you are referring to the KeyStep Pro.

Indeed when copying the Project the Chain Patter is lost.

I will report this to the Dev Team so they can fix it on a future Firmware Update.

Let me know if i can be of any further help at the moment or if i may close your ticket considering it as properly "Taken into account on our end" but if you need any further help, in order to re-open it you'll simply have to reply to this message, so indeed let me know if i can be of any further help at the moment.

Best Regards,

José - Arturia Support

Reply received on 22 November 2021
Hello Marcel,

Thank you for clarifying the difference between the problems, I will make sure to create an individual report for each one of them and send it to the Dev Team for further investigation.

Please feel free to contact us if you need more assistance, in order to re-open the ticket simply reply to this message.

Best Regards,

José - Arturia Support
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:47:29 pm by marcel-x »

ffernandez

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2022, 02:00:58 am »
Well...the CV core was supposed to be rewritten because it have many horrible bugs, the arpeggios broke randomly for no reason, for example.

Received this on Aug 21...it would be good to have an update.

Aug 23, 2021, 15:34 GMT+2

Hi Federico,

Thank you for reaching back,

Unfortunately at the moment I don't have an ETA on the firmware release,

Since your ticket is linked to the parent bug report i'll reach back with a beta version once completed and fully approved by the test department,

But since it's currently summer and the rework on the CVs is quite extensive it might take a few months to see this release be rolled out,

Kind regards.

AlanCho1

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2022, 11:00:18 am »
If you have a window for FW update, pls add:
Latch Transpose (for KSP own keys and from external midi controller). Benefit: without holding the Transpose button, it will free up my left hand to perform other synths. Thank you.

OneLittleFonzie

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 09:02:39 am »
If you have a window for FW update, pls add:
Latch Transpose (for KSP own keys and from external midi controller). Benefit: without holding the Transpose button, it will free up my left hand to perform other synths. Thank you.

This is the one number #1 issue. I'm actually moving to Black sequencer. Perhaps I'll ditch the KSP after that.

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 03:08:08 am »
+1 waiting on next firmware update.
It almost seems like Arturia is just ignoring this product. The KeyStep 37 gets more attention.
This space left intentionally blank.

Barriott

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 01:52:13 am »
Yes I'm waiting, forever waiting, for them to sort out a confirmed bug when syncing the KSP to reason making reason the slave.

The clock just isn't stable enough and creates all sorts of audio artifacts due to it drifting.

I've sort of given up.  I really want to us the KSP with a band and being able to real time control the tempo is preferable. Almost necessary to the point where it's kind of not fit for purpose.

ancaja123

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2022, 12:58:47 am »
+1 waiting on next firmware update.
It almost seems like Arturia is just ignoring this product. The KeyStep 37 gets more attention.
Seconded.

al80

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2022, 08:11:15 pm »
 ??? ??? ???

synthyguy

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 11:48:14 pm »
I would love it if Arturia would implement the chord and strum function from the keystep 37 into the KSP.

al80

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2022, 11:33:29 pm »
Please Arturia make the KSP to receive GLOBAL  MIDI TRANSPOSE from external midi controllers like the most of the other arturia stuff.

i am waiting since day 1 about that.

jkspost

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 04:41:50 pm »
Please Arturia make the KSP to receive GLOBAL  MIDI TRANSPOSE from external midi controllers like the most of the other arturia stuff.

i am waiting since day 1 about that.

+1 - this is a big miss.

The limitation of 1 control track (only 5 CC's) though not a bug, is still very disappointing.

Also the manual could be clearer:
6.4.1.3. Saving Chains
If you want to preserve your Chain for posterity, don't forget to save it before powering off
the KeyStep Pro. You save the Chains you've created for each track by saving the current
project by pressing Save + Project and confirming by pressing the selection encoder.

While this does seem to get saved between loading projects, it doesn't get saved when the unit is powered of.

From the FAQ:
CAN I SAVE CHAINS?
No, chains are temporary performance things.
There is however a way to save them: create a chain with patterns and save them in a Scene: hold 'Save', press 'Scene' and select a scene to save this configuration to.
When you load this scene the chain(s) will be part of it and become active.
Please don't forget to save the project and the scenes contained in it for future use:
Hold 'Save' and press 'Project'
Select a project to save to.
   ::)

tartpop

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2022, 05:22:12 pm »
I would also like new firmware update soon.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines