April 26, 2024, 05:36:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Stuck on Midi Out Ch.1  (Read 1206 times)

Cpt_NachoMan

Stuck on Midi Out Ch.1
« on: February 27, 2022, 01:39:21 am »
I want to use my Polybrute to control another synth via MIDI. It works but only on MIDI Out Ch.1.

Changing the MIDI Output Channel has no effect. In PB Connect I can see that MIDI Out Output Channel is set to 6. I've used Midi Monitor and I can clearly see that the PB only sends signal on Ch.1 and not Ch. 6.

I've tried the Factory Reset, it goes back to Ch.1 and if I change it it still uses Ch.1. I've tried via USB and DIN.

Firmware 2.0.0

[UPDATE]

If I close PB Connect, it works again and Ch. 6 is used as the MIDI Out. But as soon as I start PB connect it sends to MIDI Ch.1  even though PB Connect shows Ch.6 ...
So it looks like PB Connect is messing with the MIDI out.

[UPDATE #2]

I've opened an ticket with Arturia, they were able to reproduce this issue. The issue will be fixed.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 05:15:42 pm by Cpt_NachoMan »

Terra

Re: Stuck on Midi Out Ch.1
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 09:03:58 am »
Wenn Du PB Connect verwendest, ist immer Ch1 und Ch2 für High und Low aktiv. und such nur per USB ansprechbar, DIN wird nicht unterstützt

Steht auch so im Hanbuch.
Bei Verwendung in der DAW nutze das Plug-in und nicht PB Connect.

StudioDeutz

Re: Stuck on Midi Out Ch.1
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 01:30:33 pm »
Hello Terra, not correct.

It does switch to Channel 1 and if I change the input of my MPCX to Channel 1 (usually PB is Ch16 for me) it works fine.

[Edit] - it is MIDI out only - recorded a few bars into the MPCX on channel 1 - output was still on 16 - MPCX sent it to the PB and it played it nicely. (just for the record: in Connect Global Setting, both are on Channel 16)

As the Captain mentioned - closing down Connect will switch back to preferred channel
...and just for those who do not speak German - make it English next time. You will certainly reach more people here ;-)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:06:55 pm by StudioDeutz »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines