March 28, 2024, 02:11:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Up/Down Arpeggiator Mode Doubles First And Last Note  (Read 1824 times)

OMB Guy

• Apprentice
Up/Down Arpeggiator Mode Doubles First And Last Note
« on: February 25, 2022, 07:06:53 pm »
New to this forum...I just got my first MiniBrute about 2 weeks ago, and I'm loving the tones! :)

I've noticed the Up/Down mode of the MiniBrute's arpeggiator sounds twice on the first and last notes of the arpeggiated sequence.

For example: if the sequence is 1-2-3-4, the MiniBrute will play it in Up/Down mode as 1-1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1-1 instead of 1-2-3-4-3-2-1. It does this no matter where the other Oscillator controls are set. The arpeggiator on my SCI SIx-Trak doesn't double the first and last notes of the sequence. Is this just how the MiniBrute works?

LBH

Re: Up/Down Arpeggiator Mode Doubles First And Last Note
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 11:30:43 pm »
Hi,

I don't have a Brute. Normally i don't reply here, but make an exception.
It look like you have a Seq/ Arp Mode knob. Number 3 mode is Inc (Inclusive), and number 4 mode is Esc (Exclusive).
You describe Brute in mode 3, and with mode 4 you get the type of arp you describe for your Six Trac.
So try to switch the Seq/ Arp mode.
The manual is your friend.

I think it's good to have the Inc mode. It should in example give you 8 notes up/ down when playing 4 notes instead of 7 notes before the pattern repeat. It can be very useful - and i think it's a missing feature, when synths does'nt have this mode.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2022, 01:07:59 pm »
I just realised you had posted in the Minibrute forum and not in minibrute 2 forum. You said you just got your Minibrute so forgot to check legacy product.
What i wrote was about Minibrute 2. Minibrute only have the up/ down arp you describe it look like. Only 4 modes in total.

OMB Guy

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2022, 06:31:06 pm »
Oh, I get it now. Thanks for the quick reply and info! :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines